I want a 7 string guitar. But I am faced with 2 guitars to choose from.
There is a Schecter C-7 Blackjack with a seymour duncan in it that is 600(canadian) obo
and theres a christian olde wolbers jackson dinky 7 string signature for 700 obo
both apparently in great shape with hard cases. They are very similar the only thing is the schecter has 2 pickups and the jackson has one active emg pickup. Which one do you guys think is the better deal? this is on kijiji so I will probably get the price down a bit.
Well I can tell you that the 6 string c1 blackjack played and sounded amazing right out of the box. Two pickups are better then one. Emg's sound like garbage.

Schecter > Jackson
I didn't think VS threads were allowed. In any case, you're the best judge of it because you'll be the one to play it. Try the models out if you can.

On the pickup thing, a guitar with 2 pickups will always have more versatility than a guitar with one, because there are simply more sounds to choose from. I'd get the one with 2 pickups and, if you don't like them, swap them out. But that's just me.
Schecter... I think between the two, it's the most versatile...
and bettr in general.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Jackson
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Schecter always any time any day
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
I bought a Schecter and hated it. Ended up returning it and getting another Jackson.

I'm used to the Dinky sized body and any other guitar (including Schecters) feel gigantic. Also, compared to the Jackson neck, the neck on the Schecter felt too wide and thick for me.

So I vote Jackson.
schecter necks a fiiiiiiine.... i dont see the big problem. im 14, so my hands aren't gigantic or anything. i have a hellraiser c1 and the neck is perfectly fine.
Jackson guitars are ****ing excellent and no matter what anyone says emgs sound good and can handle cleans nicely.
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Quote by Holysorrow
Schecter always any time any day

sounds like n00b
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I would pick the Schecter because I do mind about versatility (neck pickup, passives). But YMMV.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Levi79
I think I am going to go with the jackson, becuase it has active pickups and i really want actives for sure and i want a guitar with a really fast neck.

The Schecter Blackjack has seymour duncan ACTIVE blackouts. Which are apperantly more versitile.. i have yet to try em out
Jackson if you are used to thin fast necks. And overall AWESOMENESS
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
yeah jacksons with actives rule, i miss my old model 7, i had a reverse dinky with invaders in it, it rocked. those necks are where its at
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.