So I've finally decided on getting a Peavey Classic 30. I spent about two hours playing it in the shop and I love its cleans but I want to know if it will take a high-gain distortion pedal well.
I use a Blackstar DistX and will probably take it in to try on the amp but it would be cool if i could get any thoughts/experiences from you guys
Never tried the Blackstar, but mine likes pedals. It does high-gain very well (most things very well, really) as long as the pedal is decent.
That's comforting. I love the sound of my Blackstar through my hybrid Vox amp so hopefully it'll be heaps better through the Peavey
The C30 takes pedals very well; though I think a distortion pedal is too extravagant for it, an OD will push it to get as heavy as anyone could need it. But the distortion might bring a little more lowend with it, which is the main reason most people don't like the C30 for high gain
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks for that. Well I'll see how it sounds first and then decide whether or not i should consider investing in an overdrive
Quote by Marky_Strummer
Thanks for that. Well I'll see how it sounds first and then decide whether or not i should consider investing in an overdrive

Good idea

You might actually be able to use the DistX as an "Overdrive" with the right settings.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
So I just cranked the volume and dropped the gain of my pedal through my Vox and I have to say that it worked very nicely as an overdrive. The only thing is that I frequently change channels during my band's songs and I don't want to have to hit both the footswitch and the distortion when I go from my nice cleans to 'br00t4l' distortion and back
The Classic series takes pedals well, but doesn't have a solid low end and tends to drop out of the mix when you have tons of gain. Keep that in mind.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments