So the input jack on my 260SM keeps coming lose sorta thing. it's like the nut around it keeps coming lose but, there's no issue with like it falling out or losing connection

Is this normal?

I've tried doing it up with tighter with a pair of pliers but it just seemed to come lose again a few days later
Considering the amount of use that nut gets, I'd say it's not too abnormal. I had to tighten mine up occasionally, but as you said, every couple of days... It's made of metal, so you could make it extremely tight if possible and not damage it.
yeah man that used to happen to me a lot on certain guitars i used.... just give it a tighten whenever you have to and dont be afraid to make it reaaaalll tight. just dont kill it
PAH!
Quote by t.ev
yeah man that used to happen to me a lot on certain guitars i used.... just give it a tighten whenever you have to and dont be afraid to make it reaaaalll tight. just dont kill it

+1
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
dude!
DONT over screw it! you will totally screw it this way. I did it with mine and i had to change it, and trust me it's not an easy job to do.
Try to screw it as much as you can and after that make a routine in putting the cable around your strap, this way, it wont rotate while you move around with the guitar
Yeah that's what i was thinking, because it's only plastic around the nut so you'll crush the plastic and **** it. so i'll just do it with my fingers and a bit with pliers if i can be bothered
if you do it to much you can rip it from the wire..... happened to me
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250

the only way you should tighten it. also add a locking washer or paint clear nail polish on the jack threads to lock it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011