So no doubt i'm an idiot, but i need some help.

I have a ESP M-1 NTB going through an (in order) boss tuner, Ibanez TS-9, a Maxon CP-9 Compressor, and boss NS-2 noise gate to a 5150 through a mesa cab.

Now my problem is, when i'm at high volume for shows/practice, i have to turn the noise gate threshold too max and the decay too minimum or i get a ****ty screech when i stop playing, and i mean like the instant high pitch feedback. Which obviously is amazingly annoying, not to mention having the noise gate turned that high means i have no sustain on any notes.

Now i know im running alot of high gain stuff here, which is where the problem is, but i thought the noise gate could handle it.

I had a bit of a look around on the net and tried running through the noise gate twice.
Eg; Tuner, noisegate(in the input/output),Ibanez TS-9, a Maxon CP-9 Compressor and back into the noisegate(return/send) and then to the amp.

This let me have a little more decay without the screech but not much, and now i have an almost "laser" type sound as the noise gate starts to kick in, if that makes sense?

Also, as i turn the threshold down, the "laser" sound becomes constant and is pretty loud.

So im just wondering if there is another way around this? Or have i set this up totally wrong. Haha

Cheers.
i was thinking that as well, but was kinda hoping i wouldnt have to spend any money. Hahaha
Quote by shoeless
Never!!!
Haha, Looks like i might have to go shopping =(

As you crank the volume, you use less gain. Just start the gain from 0 and put it little by little to the BARE MINIMUM gain you need. Anything over 5.5 on a 5150 is too much especially for high volumes. Seriously, use less gain. I used to run my DC-5 with gain on 7.5 but i started getting loads of feedback too and sloppy playing and it was very muddy. Now I run the gain at 4 and I get the same great metal OD just better and more tame.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

^ Very true. When i throw my ISP in the gate the his from the amp is gone but the feedback remains. It's all about what you want to get rid of more. Feedback from the guitar or from the amp.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Put the NS-2 immedialtely after your od pedal. Also do not max the level dial on your boost/od pedal. It introduces too much noise to your signal. Keep it at 3/4 max.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I had the same issue with my Boss NS2 even the ISP wouldn't cure it.. So the end result was I got pisst off and purchased a whole new rig.. Fix the problem at the source and get a quieter setup..
IP: this worked really well for me too, except that instead of playing guitar, now I just bang two socks together.
It's kind of a pain, but you'll see a lot of high gain players constantly rolling their guitar volume knobs back when they aren't playing. That's one way.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
how high do you have the gain set?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.