I wrote this after one of those boring little chapel services my old school made us go to in our boarding houses... I suppose you could say it's against teaching religion in schools and my not being interested in that area of life during adolescence anyway.
About taking a realistic view to the modern "prophets" teenagers follow, and often gain far more worth knowledge from.
Anyway yeah, "House Chapel" :

I miss the days of air guitar, my childhood’s gone but it’s gone too far.
Lord in your mercy fear our prayers, they manifest in many layers.
And oh! Regret! Forget the times you worked too hard,
Rules and regulations don’t work for me, I’ll learn what I need from MTV.

And I’ll manipulate who I like, when I like, why I like, how I like. Because I like it, yeah I like it a lot.
My life is all that I got.
And I’m tired of waiting; can’t help but think I’m skating on thin ice.
Tired of waiting, for some righteous beam of light to show and tell me that I am right.

You preach these things from fat textbooks, open your eyes and take a look and
Listen to the summer sounds, listen to them make their rounds.
And hey! Repress! Forget to feel so damn depressed,
Life can’t be taught it can only be learnt, so touch some fires and feel the burn.

And I’ll manipulate who I like, when I like, why I like, how I like. Because I like it, yeah I like it a lot.
And I’m tired of waiting; can’t help but think I’m skating on thin ice.
Tired of waiting, for some righteous beam of light to show and tell me that I am right.

And I’m tired of waiting; your narrow views are suffocating.
Tired of waiting, for self-righteous beams of light to show and tell me that I am right.

If you're interested in the rhythm of the piece or whatever, it can be found at any of the links I've got displayed in my sig.
Now I'm off to have a look at some other members' work
I know my song thing is pretty dim, i tried to change it a few times, but in the end i kept in the same. Just so bummed out over the subject i couldn't think of anything to put lol.

I loved to play air guitar as a kid too!
but this is pretty damn good, i like the chorus, it's like angst but not like some kid just crying about stuff. It has more of an enlightened and intellectual thought process that goes pretty good with the angst. Or that's what i think lol.
Overall its pretty damn good
i really love the feel to it. i went and listened to how you play it and i love the music behind it.
I got the image of a typical rebellious teenager, just basically their mindset when they think everything it bull****.
I thought the rhymes were executed well, and everything flowed very nicely.

I enjoyed this.
If I don't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one and dont be late.

JWU Baking and Pastry '13
Very nice. I can identify. Loving "touch some fires and feel the burn" and "lord in your mercy fear our prayers".
C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212437
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.