Hi guys,

major issue with my high e string instantly slipping out of tune, by 30 seconds into a song it sounds like a disgusting mess and is really very demoralising.

Ive noticed that the washer that goes on the tuning peg (I think thats what you call the little plastic circle just behind the actual tuning head) is missing. Would this really Really affect it though?

Whats happening?
I've been here since '04.

could be...

could also just be a bad tuner... tuners are fairly in expensive. I'd look into just buying a new set
Quote by NFFC_1865
Hi guys,

major issue with my high e string instantly slipping out of tune, by 30 seconds into a song it sounds like a disgusting mess and is really very demoralising.

Ive noticed that the washer that goes on the tuning peg (I think thats what you call the little plastic circle just behind the actual tuning head) is missing. Would this really Really affect it though?

Whats happening?

It won't effect tuning if it's just a beauty ring, but if it's a bushing then yes it could be throwing the tuning off. A bushing will have a portion of it that slips into the hole on the headstock and takes up the excess clearance between the tuning machine post and the wood.
Also, how are you wrapping the string at the post? A poor job of this and you'll slip out of tune fast.