Hey, I'm getting a bit of hum on stuff running through the front of the amp on my Orange Rockerverb 100 half-stack.

In the FX loop I have a DD-6 and RV-5, all running fine with no noise.
In front of the amp, I have my guitar--> TU-2 --> Ibanez Tubescreamer. This is where the hum starts.

All of these pedals are on my Gator pedalboard, going into the Gator power brick.

After isolating the pedals, I have found that I only get noise when there is a pedal in front of the amp(when the pedal is switched off). And ALSO, for example, if I use the battery in the tubescreamer without it being plugged into the power brick, there is no noise. The same goes for the tuner.

Next, I tried the board in my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and when everything is plugged into the power brick, there is no noise.

So basically, I'm only getting noise when I have pedals in the front of my Orange amp that are plugged into my powerbrick. Is it worth investing in a noise suppressor, or could there be something elsewhere going on? All the leads are good too, and I've tried plugging the amps/pedalboard into different sockets around my room too...

Thanks guys. <3
I'd say it's an issue with the Orange (seeing as how it worked with your hot rod).

But I'm pro noise suppressors... so I'd have to say there's no harm in getting one... I have the BOSS NS-2 and it's clean up everything nice
A noise supressor wouldn't hurt...but it does seem like the problem is in the Orange amp if it doesn't reproduce the same results on a different amp.
Quote by theGlitch
I'd say it's an issue with the Orange (seeing as how it worked with your hot rod).

But I'm pro noise suppressors... so I'd have to say there's no harm in getting one... I have the BOSS NS-2 and it's clean up everything nice

It's strange though because the pedals don't produce noise through my Orange when using just the batteries, but when plugged in it adds loads of ****.
Yeah it sounds like an earth loop. I take it you've tried using the same socket?
sig goes here
i use a ns-2 in front to quiet down my effects and it works great but i still have a hiss problem i think i need a noise gate in the effects loop to fix that but i have no idea what pedal woudl work good in the effects loop to quiet down my amp after the preamp.
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Steve The Plank
It's strange though because the pedals don't produce noise through my Orange when using just the batteries, but when plugged in it adds loads of ****.

Power supplies are the main causes of extra noise. Try replacing the power supply or using a better quality one.

I'm not sure about this next tip, but if you're using those daisy-chain power supplies, you may want to power each pedal singly instead.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
Power supplies are the main causes of extra noise. Try replacing the power supply or using a better quality one.

I'm not sure about this next tip, but if you're using those daisy-chain power supplies, you may want to power each pedal singly instead.

The power supply is a decent quality one, and it works fine with my Fender amp, and all the pedals in the FX loop.