Greetings all UGers.

Would any of you be able to recommend some acoustic stuff by any bands? The really laid back chilled stuff. I mean I know alot of bands, but I'm looking for stuff like Pantera's Cover of 'Planet Caravan', Down's 'Jail' & the last 1:20 seconds Cryptopsy's 'The End', that kind of stuff to be specific.

I listen to too much DM and would like chilled out stuff to listen to aswell to create a nice balance. I have Opeths stuff & do love their acoustics I just want more full acoustic tracks. I just love the trippy kind of acoustic like the ones I mentioned. I have Tool's stuff aswell which is nice to listen to when you're in a relaxed mood. Maybe I'm just being greedy? I just feel I need to broaden my chilled out music as the percentage it has to straight up metal is quite worrying haha.

To broaden it up a bit: Anything with acoustic or clean guitars or harmonies[sp?] on electric or acoustic. Stuff that is really pleasing to your ears. Mind you people have different opinions to what is pleasing to their ears so this could be quite hard. I love the start of Hollow by Pantera before the chugging kicks in aswell. & Afraid to Shoot Strangers & Wasting Love by Iron Maiden.
Last edited by Cannibal Corpse at Oct 9, 2009,
The infinity of the stone - Nile
Pouring Reign - As Blood Runs Black
Greyson - All Shall Perish
The last relapse - All Shall Perish

Oh, and:
The Eerie Cold - Shining

Classical music?
Last edited by lostindasky at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by lostindasky
Classical music?
Yeah I love Classical I listen to that aswell I'm pretty open minded. I have a CD by Paganini & Bach. Preferably just plain acoustic for classical & I love the sound of the harp aswell if you know of any composers who use it. Also, do you know any flamenco guitar players? I looove that.
I know Paco de Lucia, but I'm not sure it's flamenco... and I don't listen to his music much, although what I heard was amazing.

My favourite classical music is harpsichord, so basically I listen to a lot of Handel's harpsichord suites. But also Bach's cello suites and harpsichord concertos. It's often baroque music with one or just a few instruments that I really enjoy.
Chad Hatcher has a really interesting sound, he sings and plays guitar to hip hop drum beats. He's really talented
Paco de Lucia is Flamenco, if you're looking for flamenco I suggest you look at the link in my sig.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Opeth- Harvest is pretty cool
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Any song by City And Colour. Its all acoustic and sounds amazing.
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby