Page 1 of 2
I was in GAK today and picked up a pedal and heard some guy trying out like a £1000 gibson and playing, dare i say it, smoke on the water.

so which songs do you think should be illegal from being played in music shops?
None. Smoke on the Water is a good song, maybe it's his favourite?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Anything by Metallica.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
anything metal
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I don't even really play songs when I try out a guitar. I just do a few chord progressions and go trough a few scales. Nobody is interested in seeing some guy showing off anyway.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Chopin's Ballade in G-minor op. 23 no. 1
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I dunno maybe he's just testing the tone if you know what I mean.

Smoke on the water isn't played fast, so you can hear the sustain etc...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
anything by lynyrd skynyrd, jimmy buffet, or any other cheesy bar band song you hear bands play way too much.
I always hate the retarded 14-year old who trys to impress people with his ****ty, out of tune/off tempo version of shred.
lol cos thats like an easy song and he was using a good guitar lol

All songs should be banned...

Trying out a guitar should be limited to improvised doodling only
Unless you can play it flawlessly, Stairway to Heaven.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Kensai
Chopin's Ballade in G-minor op. 23 no. 1

I hate it when a 13 year old noob takes a BC Rich off the stand, cranks up the line 6 to Uber metal and plays that song...

If I had a dollar for everytime that happened...
Some people just like that song what's wrong with that.
It's annoying if they only play that riff for half an hour but if he only plays it once or twice I don't see where the problem is.The same thing with stairway , that's a nice song so why can't we play it when we check out a guitar?
Quote by SRVNumberOne
I always hate the retarded 14-year old who trys to impress people with his ****ty, out of tune/off tempo version of shred.

this
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
I'm not saying that i don't like the song in any way, it's a good song, it was just that seeing him show off to his friend, and saying that he was the best, and to hear it drone on...
Well if he keeps playing it and sais he's the best that's annoying.
By the way
does anyone else notice that people who tell other people that they are 'the best' at playing guitar usually suck at it. They just do the out of tune/time shredding and know nothing about theory.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
omg that must've been like sooooooooo embarassing!

ZuMgLoLzRoFlLlL ToeTz Breoowwooooo!@#!

But seriously, why should there be songs illegal from being played in music shops? What if like all the members from Deep Purple went to get some new gear and they played Smoke On The Water. You're gonna tell me you're gonna go in there and be like "lulnoobz, i leanered thit sung when i's wuz lik...2." No. You'd be like, "SSSHHIIITTT!!!!! DEEP PURPLE!!! "

No songs are illegal! Harumph!
yes yes yes yes!!!

there is this boy in my class who has an ibanez gio and randomly does fast tapping so immediately everyone adores him...
What's so wrong about trying Smoke On The Water? It's an awesome and simple riff that doesn't require any effects and give you a great hear on how 5th single octave chords sound.

When I get a new guitar, I'll go there and playing Stairway, Smoke, and Sweet Child because of people like you.

Anyway, you shall not play Dream Theater, Symphony X, Shawn Lane, and Angra stuff. You may make the staff heads explode.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by Jackal58
Anything by Metallica.

This.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I never play actual songs, unless they're fairly obscure. I improvise mostly. I learned my lesson after playing a couple Steve Vai songs and then having a GC salesman recognize them and try to sell me a Spider because "you can get a good Steve Vai tone."
Quote by urik
What's so wrong about trying Smoke On The Water? It's an awesome and simple riff that doesn't require any effects and give you a great hear on how 5th single octave chords sound.
This. There is nothing wrong with Smoke On The Water, and if someone is playing something simple it doesn't mean that he must be a bad player. Maybe he was the best guitarist ever, but didn't feel like playing complex stuffs, who know?
Smoke on the Water is damn cool if they play the solo.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The only time a song should be banned is when that particular song gets overplayed and monotonous, and even then it should only be from that one person and not for the whole store. In other words, someone who's playing the same thing over and over again for more than a few minutes need to be asked to stop.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I have only been in a small guitar store were you couldn't play anything anyway. I have also only seen one other guitarist up close playing, so I would love to see another guitarist to play any song or riffs
Quote by MangoStarr
Stairway. DENIED

No Stairway! Denied!

Only annoying metalcore songs should be banned.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
It shouldn't matter, because no one should be denied to play music. Grow up.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
i am usually that A-hole that purposely plays annoying over played songs.

sweet child o mine

anything greenday

smoke on the water

sweet dreams

and if im in a real pisser of a mood ive been known to bust out some all american rejects and taylor swift followed by avril lavine......oh yeah i know i piss people off
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by invision2212
i am usually that A-hole that purposely plays annoying over played songs.

sweet child o mine

anything greenday

smoke on the water

sweet dreams

and if im in a real pisser of a mood ive been known to bust out some all american rejects and taylor swift followed by avril lavine......oh yeah i know i piss people off

You certainly do... You're use (or lack thereof) of punctuation and ting hurt my brain.
there are no forbidden songs! everyone should play what they like a guitar shop is not a dictatorship. On the other hand I would hate it if someone who is only playing for some months would turn up the volume and floor the distortion and pull off some out of tune wankery
Quote by urbanfox
You certainly do... You're use (or lack thereof) of punctuation and ting hurt my brain.

no problem man i dont mind going out of my way to aggravate people like you
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Page 1 of 2