Soooo another part of my apocalyptic 8-string metal album is finished (not final mix yet, but I'm saving those to release all together )
it's the song "Comet Rain" on my band's profile (click link in sig). The words are a little hard to understand, so here they are written out:

"Standing atop the mountain,
watching the world end.
A shiver sent up my spine,
I look up to the sky, and inhale.
The sky is burning.
Do you see?

I.. I can't see anything.
Wait, what is that?
Looks a little li-- oh my god
shit
*scream*"

at the end:

"Come.
Come with me.
Wherever you are.
You're all dead."

Don't take the solo at the end too seriously It's just supposed to sound insane, to create the build-up to the end.

Crit 4 crit as always, but I might take a while to get back to you (slow internet).

Also, tell me what you think of when you listen to the song, I'm interested as to what kind of picture it paints in people's minds.
Quote by TormentedRx
Rough. But I like it.

rough? rough mix? rough playing? rough as in beard stubble?

what do you mean?
Its pertty good, it sounds good, wasent too fond of the lyrics though, or the singing, it was very difficult to hear them. Its difficult to say what I pictured in my mind, but the ending kinda gave me a thought of desolation when you started playing with the clean.

Good job though. Keep it up.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Its pertty good, it sounds good, wasent too fond of the lyrics though, or the singing, it was very difficult to hear them. Its difficult to say what I pictured in my mind, but the ending kinda gave me a thought of desolation when you started playing with the clean.

Good job though. Keep it up.

there was no singing, or do you mean the spoken stuff?
and maybe the words don't make much sense like this on their own, and I only like them because they fit to the "picture" the album paints in my head oh well, thanks for the crit
This is awesome.. I can really catch the whole world ending vibe to the song. The timing in the start was weird in an awesome way, and the part when vocals kick in with the main guitar melody was bloody amazing too. I love how the main melody turn to a more dark, middle eastern sounding riff in 0:31, and the screams at 1:15 and heavier riffs at 1:45 with the double bass really reminded me of Meshuggah, which is an awesome thing.
9.5/10