Currently using a Marshall mg100dfx, bored of the tone and can't get a decent distortion sound of it, just sounds weak. Looking for a new up amp, up to 200GBP or more if it's really worth it. Any suggestions? Liking the Line6 Spider IV 30.
One-winged angel
Try liking the Vypyr 30 more. Is has more amp models, more FX, and IMO the tone is better based on samples I've heard. I've never used a Spider but I do have a Vypyr 15 and can vouch for them being good amps in your price range.
I second the Vypyr. Spider III's sucked, and I expect the IV's do too. I'd avoid them.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
VOX AD30VT. Has awesome cleans and distortions. The effects are also nice in it
Checking out the Vypyr 30, sounds so much better than my Marshall!!
One-winged angel
If you want a great Distortion, the Spider Valve and the Tube Vypers are the best Modeling amps Ive used. Be warned, the S Valve is loud as Satan. I like the functionality of the Vyper a lot more than line 6, so much more effect possibilitys. Youll def. want the Sanpera Foot Contoller, (I just wish it wasnt so god awfully ugly).

Distortion wise - Non Modeling - at bargain prices, Id look into the new Bugeras, V22, and the others. Good price, good tone, great value.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204