I decided that the trouble of having to carry around loads of analog pedals isnt worth it for me ATM, so I want a processor.

My max budget is around 600$ (Non extend-able, unless its like 50$), would prefer if it fit in the 500 range though

I play way too much variety of music, From really soft acoustic kind of stuff to thrash metal.

Influences:- ACDC, Zeppelin, Metallica, 3 Doors Down, Vai, Gilbert.

Also, I would prefer if the thing didnt have tubes (Example Zoom G9.2tt) since I figure the effort required to handle it isnt worth it either, since I'm going to be moving it around ALOT, and mistakes happen. But dont completely rule them out

Thanks!
I have the Digitech GNX4 guitar workstation and I am very happy with it, it is tremendously powerful and has a lot of capability and definitely made sturdy enough (all metal) to gig with, though I don't play out.

If you consider it and decide to get it I would highly recommend you buy the MFX Supermodels Deluxe addon from www.mfxsupermodels.com, which is a library of over 1500 tones, (amps, cabs, artist patches, song patches etc) that you can import, edit and customize.

I think the unit goes for like $400, and then about $100 for the Supermodels addon.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Quote by Dazzl1113
I have the Digitech GNX4 guitar workstation and I am very happy with it, it is tremendously powerful and has a lot of capability and definitely made sturdy enough (all metal) to gig with, though I don't play out.

If you consider it and decide to get it I would highly recommend you buy the MFX Supermodels Deluxe addon from www.mfxsupermodels.com, which is a library of over 1500 tones, (amps, cabs, artist patches, song patches etc) that you can import, edit and customize.

I think the unit goes for like $400, and then about $100 for the Supermodels addon.

I tried it out today, but didnt get to explore it at its full, had to keep the amp volume at around 1 xD

And the amp was screwed as it is, way too much treble.

Any other suggestions? The GNX4 is already in consideration.
Zoom G9.2tt. dunno what the US price is but it's every penny worth it, powered by two 12AX7s and can be used as an USB audio interface as well.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Zoom G9.2tt. dunno what the US price is but it's every penny worth it, powered by two 12AX7s and can be used as an USB audio interface as well.

Thats in consideration as well, but Im not leaning towards it BECAUSE of the tubes.

How breakable/sturdy are they?

Also, keep in mind, I dont live in US, so prices are going to be a fair amount higher than your list price.
Quote by luv090909
Thats in consideration as well, but Im not leaning towards it BECAUSE of the tubes.

Also, keep in mind, I dont live in US, so prices are going to be a fair amount higher than your list price.

It's like 1000 AUD so you're probably going to be paying considerably less than that because our mark up is pretty much disgusting, you won't be breaking tubes unless you go thrusting thin, pointiy things through the grills.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Shabadoo
Have you checked into a POD X3?

Nope, shall do if I find it tomorrow.

I would like a couple of other suggestions as well, since I have to travel quite a lot to get to the place, cant keep going.
Personally, i absolutely LOVE my Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, it's got every effect I could ever want. It's got a assignable FX Loop so you can split and put some effects in front of the amp and others into the loop.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-M13-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=482675
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
Quote by JMeasles
Personally, i absolutely LOVE my Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, it's got every effect I could ever want. It's got a assignable FX Loop so you can split and put some effects in front of the amp and others into the loop.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-M13-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=482675

Just checked it out, probably not my thing.

Also, it wouldve been above my budget post tax.
Bump.

Update: - We might be going to Hong Kong later on, so if its cheaper there, my budget might increase.
But for now, can I have more suggestions please?
Quote by luv090909

imo tubes would make it more desirable. The tone would be sooo much better that it would be worth the extra care.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
imo tubes would make it more desirable. The tone would be sooo much better that it would be worth the extra care.

I know that, but the thing is that my gear is handled by other people when I'm away from home, so it *could* fall down one day, and I'd have to spend 200$ on tubes again

I did like the tone on the G9 though
The POD X3 Live? Lotsa processing power, expression pedal, updatable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by luv090909
I know that, but the thing is that my gear is handled by other people when I'm away from home, so it *could* fall down one day, and I'd have to spend 200$ on tubes again

I did like the tone on the G9 though

I don't know where you buy your tubes, I pay like 10 bucks each.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
I don't know where you buy your tubes, I pay like 10 bucks each.

It has two tubes, so I meant 200$ for both.

10$?!

Awesome O.o

I asked the guy at the store and he said its cost me 5000INR/tube, which is 100$/tube

So the only good ones in my range are GNX4, G9.2tt, X3?
So bump.

The GNX4 just got eliminated.

Tested out the X3 live and the G9 for some time.

Cant make up my mind.

Help?

I know I'm bumping too much, but I didnt wanna make another thread and I really need some help.

Sorry