Hey all, I recently dumped my spider III and picked up a godly, beastly, masculine behemoth of an amplifier. (triple rectifier) I kinda became accustomed to having the delay effects built into the spider, and now i need to get a pedal... any suggestions ?

I looked at the boss giga delay, which looks like it has a TON of features, and the DD-7. the thing is, i can get a giga delay new in box for only about $20 more than the DD-7... is it worth the extra $20 ? The main reason i was looking at the giga delay is because it has tap tempo built in, no extra switch required.

anyone have any other delays that they would reccomend trying ? (preferrably something with tap tempo)
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Well, would you prefer analog or digital? Or do you care?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Although it doesnt have a features the boss DD series has, I got an MXR Carbon Copy about a month ago, and I use it way more than I ever used my dd-6. I love it. My new favorite pedal by far. I personally prefer the sound analog delay, but I think the first thing you need to decide as the person above me said, is if you want digial or analog.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Digitech Hardwire HW DL8 - Best all round
Carl Martin Red Repeat - Best tone
TC Electronix Nova Delay - Best features
man, I guess i don't even know what the difference is between analog and digital delay... I guess I thought it was all digital. the only delay i've ever used was built into my POS spider III. Delay isn't something I use a LOT, but I do have some things I play that sound best with delay. Guess I have some homework to do.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
I just went back to my DD-7...........I tried out a TC ND-1 It was Good but not that much Better than the DD-7 IMO. But if i could get a DD-20 for $20 more I'd get the DD-20.
carbon copy is the way to go IMO. great analog sound, but you loose the tap tempo. don't go DD-7, compared to anything else in BOSS' DD line it sucks. DD-3 or DD-6 is the way I'd go... or the DD-20 is tap tempo is a must... but I never really understood the desire for it... hence the amazing MXR carbon copy
Quote by CkY freak
Although it doesnt have a features the boss DD series has, I got an MXR Carbon Copy about a month ago, and I use it way more than I ever used my dd-6. I love it. My new favorite pedal by far. I personally prefer the sound analog delay, but I think the first thing you need to decide as the person above me said, is if you want digial or analog.

I got an MXR Carbon Copy from Guitar Center for $127. Saw one advertised elsewhere and they matched the price. I buy lots of pedals and then end up not using them, but the Carbon Copy is one that's stayed in my effects loop. Easy to use and sounds great.
Quote by BobDetroit
I got an MXR Carbon Copy from Guitar Center for $127. Saw one advertised elsewhere and they matched the price. I buy lots of pedals and then end up not using them, but the Carbon Copy is one that's stayed in my effects loop. Easy to use and sounds great.

I got mine off ebay for $130 new. Honestly, its pretty featureless as you know. No tap tempo, no long delay times (which is usually a feature of analog anyway, the shorter delay times), no other modes, and it really only does 1 thing for about the same price the DD series does multiple things. However in my opinion, the sound of it blows the dd-6 I had out of the water. Glad to see another user who likes it as much as I do. I love it. It does have that modulation button on it, but I never use it. Really Im just too lazy to take the back off of it and mess with it until I get the sound I want. I get the sound I want with it, without the modulation, so why bother?
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Last edited by CkY freak at Oct 9, 2009,
thanks for all the input everyone. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip to guitar center and see if they have a carbon copy that i can play with. Everyone here that has used one seems to love it, and all the reviews I've read on other sites are all very positive.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Malekko Ekko 616. Same price as the Carbon Copy and a lot better sounding. More features too.

+1

A good analog delay on the cheap is the EHX Memory Boy.

For digital, I love my Hardwire DL-8, but the Tech 21 Boost DLA is supposed to be excellent for the same price.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Don't get the Carbon copy, those are better and cost the same or are cheaper:
EHX Memory Boy/Toy
Modtone vintage delay
Mallekko Eko 616

If you want tap tempo, then TC nova repeater
i like my carbon copy for the warmth it has but if you absolutely need the tap tempo i recommend the Boss DD-20.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Tech 21 Boost DLA, the one with tap tempo.
or
Malekko Ekko 616

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Darkflame
this
i want a nova repeater but i love my red repeat's tone so much, i'm not sure anymore what i want to do lol
I think the combination of the two is the ultimate delay configuration. When I've bought everything else, it's what I'm aiming for.
tech 21 boost d.l.a with tap ftw
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Carbon Copy.

Because I'm biased and ordered one last night.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣