i got this phase 90 off eBay recently, and when I got it in the mail it was adequately protected, but when i plugged in to play, as soon as i turned it on the signal died completely. the bypass was fine, i could hear nothing when i didnt play and anything i did play. as soon as i clicked it my signal went dead. another thing, the power supply doesnt fit any of my adapters, and i use a stock carbon copy, so i figured it wouldnt be a problem. The plug is too small for my adapter, and i cant get any sound out of it when it is on. some glass fell out of the pedal casing when i opened it up to inspect, but i have no idea what that could mean.

anybody have any suggestions?

the guy on ebay has really good ratings from about 1500 people...
I've had close to the same problem with my Phase 90. In my limited knowledge, the switch in MXR pedals dies rather easily. Or at least I think that's what it is.

If you're good with electronics you could try soldering in a new switch. If not contact MXR's customer support and see what they can do for you. They're usually pretty helpful.

Also, you might head over to the GB&C forums, check out the "pedal building thread" and see if anyone there has more advice, I know they definitely have more experience.

I don't know about your power input, that's weird. I have both a CC and Phase 90 and the jacks are the same on both.

Lastly, welcome to UG.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15