I bought some new 11 gauge strings, for playing metal, and tuning up for my lesson, the high e snapped. I said, ok, it happens, and put a new one back on, the week after, it snapped again. So I was getting a little annoying, but not much. Just now, its snapped again and I'm pee'd off. Surely its something wrong with the guitar now its snapped 3 times, and its a new schecter I've had for 2 months.
Where did the string snap?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Where does it snap? In the middle, by the bridge, or by the tuning heads?

EDIT: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU /\
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
if u haven't thrown the string away check it, did you tune down or did u stay in standard tuning with the new strings?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by MetalGuitarest
what kind of schecter and does it have a floyd rose?

Schecter Omen 6, No floyd rose.
Quote by numinis
if u haven't thrown the string away check it, did you tune down or did u stay in standard tuning with the new strings?

I have it infront of me now, I don't really see how it has broke. And I'm normally in Drop C/D and I was tuning the other strings up to play in Drop D
is it a floyd rose bridge?
if so, then what you need is a heavier guage string.

at least thats MY UNproffesional oppinion.

its happened to me quite a few times with lighter guage strings, but bigger is better in my universe, so i got some Power Slinkies.

ive only needed 2 different packs for the past 8 months (I change them about every 3 or 4 months because i dont have string wipes)

But theyre damn good strings
Quote by Andrew/WK
I have it infront of me now, I don't really see how it has broke. And I'm normally in Drop C/D and I was tuning the other strings up to play in Drop D

that's actually weird even if you have a floyd rose your e string should've recieved less tention when you were doing that, check if there isn't some metal sticking out that can damage the string, if it popped at the bridge normally the piece with the little ball should've fallen off.

I used to have a similar problem on my previous guitar, I used to use ernie ball 'not even slinky' strings and the e string popped everytime (I still haven't figured out why) I changed to D'addario strings and didn't have the issue anymore

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
ok i see your previous comment that thers no floyd rose, so then its just bad strings.

i would suggest getting an opinion from your local guitar dealer.

and no first act, Jammer strings from wal-mart.

Di'Marrios and Ernie Balls are the best strings out there

EDITE: Sorry, did i say Marrios? i ment D'addario
Last edited by Firering56 at Oct 9, 2009,
Because thats happened to me once. i'm not exactly sure how to fix that problem, but have a few ideas.