My xbox got the 3 red lights the other week so I sent it away to get it repaired. I got it back today, played for about 20 minutes and then I got the 3 red lights again. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone tell me why Xboxes are such balls dipped in faeces? Can anyone tell me why my trousers are so loose?
IRON AODHÁN!!!!!
Why are people still buying these things...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
PS3 is better.

But from what i have heard my friend got the RROD on his xbox and he was told to heat up his xbox ( NOT THROW IT IN THE OVEN!!!!) but wrap it in blankets and heat it up more and somehow that fixes it, dunno why he said he read it on the internet somewhere and it worked for him.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
The Lack of Console knowledge in this thread is disturbing...

hmm i continue to think is that even a reference.
-no sig-
The towel trick is only temporary well at least for most people mine worked for three days after overheating it then it screwed up again. just sent it off to xbox. there isnt much you can do about it. ps3 is better but i like the game better for xbox so ill live with the issues.
You think that's bad, my 4th PS3 died today. 4 in two years, all of em 60gb.

(of course i didn't pay for them, Sony send me someone elses rubbish when mine broke).

Moral of the story: Q _ Q
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
people will never learn....
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
describe the area where you keep the xbox.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Imalius
PS3 is better.

But from what i have heard my friend got the RROD on his xbox and he was told to heat up his xbox ( NOT THROW IT IN THE OVEN!!!!) but wrap it in blankets and heat it up more and somehow that fixes it, dunno why he said he read it on the internet somewhere and it worked for him.

I've been told that works by friends too!
But I just sent mine back a couple times & got an intercooler thingy to put on the back & since I've had that on it, havn't had a problem
Quote by Lemoninfluence
describe the area where you keep the xbox.

on fire
-no sig-
What I want to know is how the hell these "new age gaming systems" keep breaking.

I mean, seriously, you would think reliability could only get BETTER, right?

I don't own a PS3 or an Xbox 360 but I have heard all my friends complain about problems and I can't believe it, honestly.

My NES straight from 1985 still works like new. My PS1 still works brilliantly. My N64's performance is flawless.

My PS2 (gave it to my brother) worked too. It had to be punched occasionally, but it worked.

I can't understand why the PRICE of video game systems has gone up yet the reliability is soo poor.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Kensai
Why are people still buying these things...?

Because their games and social networks are superior to the two other systems.

The problem is that microsoft uses ****ty solder. It melts if the xbox is kept in a place where there is limited airflow and can't cool down.

But it also happens over time.

I'd say that with the game selection and online experience is worth the minor problems. I've had my xbox for a year and I haven't had a problem, and when/if I do, I'll get another xbox for free.

Doesn't seem like too big of a deal.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Mine broke so i said f*ck it and started playing my always reliable n64
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Red rings result solely from the system running at above nominal heat levels for a long period of time (usually due to their locations in crammed spaces, next to other electronics, etc.)
Quote by Imalius
PS3 is better.

the first part is a lie, PS3 is trash.

second, this does work but its only temp. my friends that try this say it works for about a month after that and slowly rrods again and when it does its over for sure. on the other hand, my xbox is 3 years old and i've never gotten the rings...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
just another industry thats got u by the balls. ipod, automotive, xbox, etc. theres just so many.
Quote by _-Joey-_
I've been told that works by friends too!
But I just sent mine back a couple times & got an intercooler thingy to put on the back & since I've had that on it, havn't had a problem

I've heard that the intercooler could make RRoD's more common due to the xbox using more power causing it to overheat.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent