Page 2 of 3
"Hey guys. I need help identifying a Cort. It is a black strat copy, with a HSS configuration"

Minchew, is it a Cort G110? That's the only strat copy I've come across. The rest of the G series don't have the angled jack plug, have just two knobs; tone and volume and the bodies are a bit more aggressive.

http://www.richardsguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Cort_G110.html

I tried to buy an Aria STG004 as my first guitar but being left-handed the shop had none in stock. They offered me a Cort G250L instead for a little more money. I went with it and am so glad I did. For the price it is an excellent & very versatile guitar.
I have a Cort, but can't identify it. first i thought it was a X5, but puckups are like H-S-H, just like on X6. but mine haven't got a floyd, so dunno. Still I'm quite happy with it.
Quote by Zyrnis
I have a Cort, but can't identify it. first i thought it was a X5, but puckups are like H-S-H, just like on X6. but mine haven't got a floyd, so dunno. Still I'm quite happy with it.

You bought it through an autorized dealer?
Last edited by Baraga at Feb 26, 2010,
Quote by Baraga
You bought it through an autorized dealer?

I'm not sure what do you mean, my english isn't too good. Anyways, i bought it from the music store.
Quote by Zyrnis
I'm not sure what do you mean, my english isn't too good. Anyways, i bought it from the music store.

Then its probably a limited time cort x6, or maybe a modded one?m Pics please
i have a crappy cort acoustic if that sounds

ive seen thinking of buying a 7 string from them though
Quote by Zyrnis
here you go, I took a few.

Don't mind the sticker on the guitar, I was young and stupid back then

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7035/cortx.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4523/cort.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8486/cortxx.jpg

Im 100% sure its a modded Cort X-6, probably they bought it with the FR, added wood blocks to the cavity and refinished it
I had a cort X11 and it was freakin sweet.I loved that thing.
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
I have a Cort mirage, i don't know much, or really anything about the guitar as i have bought it used. i love the guitar, other than the pickups but thats a simple change.
the serial # is 00075151 made in korea. i dont know how to get additional information with this # if any one does, please help a guy out. thanks!
Cort - Mirage
Hughes & Kettner - Warp 7 Combo
DigiTech - Metal Master
Quote by boiling-flesh
I have a Cort mirage, i don't know much, or really anything about the guitar as i have bought it used. i love the guitar, other than the pickups but thats a simple change.
the serial # is 00075151 made in korea. i dont know how to get additional information with this # if any one does, please help a guy out. thanks!

Try this website

Cort Guitars USA Forums
Here you all are.
I've had my EVL-K6 for over a year and its one sweet beastie. So many little things that make playing much nicer than the competition.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Zyrnis
here you go, I took a few.

Don't mind the sticker on the guitar, I was young and stupid back then

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7035/cortx.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4523/cort.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8486/cortxx.jpg

looks more like an EXL X4, hee hee i have one.... the FR is giving me the mc-shits though, i tripped on the trem bar like 10 minutes ago, and its so demanding........

EDIT: how much do you's pay for your corts, over here its like $1200.
Last edited by thamason69 at May 25, 2010,
How good is the Cort KX101? In my area it costs almost 600$, is it worth it?

The only thing I dislike about it is the fact that it doesn't have jumbo frets, other than that I love the pickup combination.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Quote by Tyraziell
How good is the Cort KX101? In my area it costs almost 600$, is it worth it?

The only thing I dislike about it is the fact that it doesn't have jumbo frets, other than that I love the pickup combination.

I'd really appreciate any help.

That KX is possibly the best guitar of that model line. SD pups, set neck, 24frets, mahogany body & neck, and lots more.

Check these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9a62tJ2fA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Lzlg4EhLU
My 2003 Indonesian G250 is still going strong! Might need the frets re-doing next year though. Also thinking of popping a hotter humbucker in.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I've got two Cort X-6's (SA & VPR). The SA model has the stock pups replaced with two Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers & a SD Hot Rail. The VPR wil have a set of SD Blackouts when I'm done with installing them (Ahb-1, As-1, Ahb-2 metal)

They're just amazing guitars, worth at least 3-4 times their price imo..
Quote by GodOfEmptyness
I've got two Cort X-6's (SA & VPR). The SA model has the stock pups replaced with two Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers & a SD Hot Rail. The VPR wil have a set of SD Blackouts when I'm done with installing them (Ahb-1, As-1, Ahb-2 metal)

They're just amazing guitars, worth at least 3-4 times their price imo..

Good to hear that
I've got a KX5 in metallic red. Looks great, feels great, plays great. My number 1 guitar!! (albeit it is only compared to my Ashton starter guitar... )

It's true, feels so much better than my friends LP copy... And I think that was around £400!!
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
I inherited a guitar that says Cort (but not the current logo, different font) on the truss rod cover. But it doesn't look like anything else I've ever seen, so the brand name is all I know about it. If there are any Cort experts here, maybe they can identify this thing.

Quote by phank
I inherited a guitar that says Cort (but not the current logo, different font) on the truss rod cover. But it doesn't look like anything else I've ever seen, so the brand name is all I know about it. If there are any Cort experts here, maybe they can identify this thing.

I would bet on the Masterpiece series, which aren't sold anymore. They are the highest quality guitars made by Cort.
I see no logo on the headstock
Hi All.
cort g260 opn is one of my guitars.
i like it.
all the best steve.
I'm a beginner and i mean just a couple of weeks on a borrowed acoustic so i really am brand new. I listen to metal mostly but dont really know what i will want to play obviously.

I'm looking for my first guitar and have seen a used Cort X6 in good nick for (i think) a good price. Will i be alright with this guitar? The tremelo bothers me a bit tuning wise, but its a great looking rock guitar.
Quote by Lozhaze
I'm a beginner and i mean just a couple of weeks on a borrowed acoustic so i really am brand new. I listen to metal mostly but dont really know what i will want to play obviously.

I'm looking for my first guitar and have seen a used Cort X6 in good nick for (i think) a good price. Will i be alright with this guitar? The tremelo bothers me a bit tuning wise, but its a great looking rock guitar.

Since you're just starting out and as you've said yourself you're not sure what you're going to play, I would recommend you get a guitar with a fixed bridge. While learning, especially metal, you're going to come across songs in different tunings and re-tuning your guitar to a different tuning is a royal pain if you have a floyd rose system. Then there's changing the string gauge and even just restringing (which may not be an issue with a quality floyd rose system, but I wouldn't bet the one on the X6 is).

Try to get someone more experienced to help you find a guitar, but most importantly, play it before buying and don't buy something that doesn't feel right to you.

Still, here are some things you may want to look for:

- fixed bridge
- set-in neck if possible (or even better neck-through, but that's going to be very hard to find at that price range)
- humbuckers (for metal; if you want something more versatile then try to find a humbucker-single coil-humbucker guitar). In a lower-priced instrument, you'll usually get lower-quality pickups, but that's one thing that can easily be changed later though.
- locking tuners if possible
- quality wood (again, for metal it's mostly going to be mahogany, but it's not a guarantee of a good instrument, nor does a different type of wood mean it's not good)
- string-through (for better sustain)

I think those are the most important "features" to look for, but then again, features can be deceiving, and a low-priced guitar with many features is probably a much lower quality instrument than a guitar with the same price and fewer features.

Try to stay away from any signature models - you'll be paying too much for the name and won't get anything with it.

Good luck
Quote by igalic
Since you're just starting out and as you've said yourself you're not sure what you're going to play, I would recommend you get a guitar with a fixed bridge. While learning, especially metal, you're going to come across songs in different tunings and re-tuning your guitar to a different tuning is a royal pain if you have a floyd rose system. Then there's changing the string gauge and even just restringing (which may not be an issue with a quality floyd rose system, but I wouldn't bet the one on the X6 is).

Try to get someone more experienced to help you find a guitar, but most importantly, play it before buying and don't buy something that doesn't feel right to you.

Still, here are some things you may want to look for:

- fixed bridge
- set-in neck if possible (or even better neck-through, but that's going to be very hard to find at that price range)
- humbuckers (for metal; if you want something more versatile then try to find a humbucker-single coil-humbucker guitar). In a lower-priced instrument, you'll usually get lower-quality pickups, but that's one thing that can easily be changed later though.
- locking tuners if possible
- quality wood (again, for metal it's mostly going to be mahogany, but it's not a guarantee of a good instrument, nor does a different type of wood mean it's not good)
- string-through (for better sustain)

I think those are the most important "features" to look for, but then again, features can be deceiving, and a low-priced guitar with many features is probably a much lower quality instrument than a guitar with the same price and fewer features.

Try to stay away from any signature models - you'll be paying too much for the name and won't get anything with it.

Good luck

Thanks for making the effort to help me out, its appreciated.

I did ask one friend and he recommended a fixed bridge too so i'll take that on board.

I dont want to take this thread OT so i'll maybe start a new one asking for advice after i've had a read through a few pages.

Thanks again.
I got tired of my cheap strat copy thingy so basically I want something fitting for metal (mostly power metal) and some neoclassical stuff (I'd prefer 24 frets, mahogany/alder body, a floyd rose system)
I was looking at the VX-4V (mostly because I found one on sale).
Could anyone shed some light on it?
I've been interested in the Cort EVL X-6 that came out not to long ago. Frome the specs. on it, it seems very well made, and what interests me the most, are those EMG's. The 89 and 81tw active pups with coil tap! Supposeivley, the 89 and 81tw are comparable to the 85 and 81, only the 89 81tw combo sports coil taps. If anybody on here has had the chance to play the EVL X-6 or has tested the EMg 89 and 81tw combo, would you please give me some sort of review.
Hi, I've tested a couple of X-11 in a music store and I was very disapointed, the guitar never stayed in tune, I tested 2 X-11 and the second, the salesman that is a luthier too, said that it needs adjustment in the strings on the backside, because the LFR was unbalanced and it is a cheap bridge, if I want a guitar to stay in tune, I'd have to spend more in a expensive guitar or change the bridge to a Gotoh one.

What you guys think about that? These Cort with LFR is really cheap as never stay in tune or I was with bad luck?

The guitars was in the box, recently arrived from the factory, and I guess the factory should send it adjusted and tested.

It is true that I will have to buy an expensive guitar to have one to stays in tune?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.
Last edited by Blackus at Aug 21, 2011,
Hi i have just purchased a Cort G260 with the hot rail pick ups and its great for the money i paid, its the cherry burst colour with the wilkinson trem.
hey..
i've just bought an x-1 as my 1st ever electric guitar..
i have a question here, hope u can help me since i'm new to electric guitars,.

when i play high notes on the 1st string, starting from 14th fret onwards, the sound just doesn't last..which means its ring doesn't last..i have to bend it upwards to make it ring longer, or else the ring just died immediately..is this common? or something wrong with the pickups?
Quote by panic filth
hey..
i've just bought an x-1 as my 1st ever electric guitar..
i have a question here, hope u can help me since i'm new to electric guitars,.

when i play high notes on the 1st string, starting from 14th fret onwards, the sound just doesn't last..which means its ring doesn't last..i have to bend it upwards to make it ring longer, or else the ring just died immediately..is this common? or something wrong with the pickups?

I'm having this issue too, with a m600t. I guess our guitar needs fret leveling, that means that one of the frets down the end of fretboard is little too high and is killing the sound. or the action is too low. does it make buzz?

We`d better thake our guitar to luthier.
Last edited by Blackus at Sep 13, 2012,
Quote by Blackus
I'm having this issue too, with a m600t. I guess our guitar needs fret leveling, that means that one of the frets down the end of fretboard is little too high and is killing the sound. or the action is too low. does it make buzz?

We`d better thake our guitar to luthier.

hmm..kind of..
i'm quite upset with the problem..
do you think a music store provides services to fix the issue?
Quote by panic filth
hmm..kind of..
i'm quite upset with the problem..
do you think a music store provides services to fix the issue?

Yes, sure, there must be some kind of warranty... and it is not a big deal, just some work on the frets. Good luck
Is it possible to fit the Cort M600T bridge on the Cort M600? I have the M600 but would like to have the tremelo.