Page 1 of 2
hey i would really appreciate any help. i want to make a major upgrade from my crappy spectrum guitar and silvertone amp i know, never heard of brands anyway

i want to get a line 6 amp so i was wondering if i should get a $130 line 6 spider iii 30 watt or a spider iv 15 watt $100, r spider iv 30 watt $200

and wat about the guitar i want an epiphone les paul
wat about an epi LS 100

i dont want to spend more than 500 on both combined

p.s. its just for home jamming
Avoid all Line 6's with the Spider series on it. (except the valve series)

Get:

Roland Cube
Peavey Vypyr
Vox Valvetronix
Get a peavey vypyr or a roland cube.

They're better than the Line 6 spiders.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by daniel2489
so does the vypyr have effects like the line 6

It has better effects than the spider III, and less-digital sound
ok i think im going to get the peavey vypyr
though shoud i get the 15watt or 30watt, and y its a $100 diff
The 30w has the stopbox effect and the 15w doesn't.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Blacken Seas
The 30w has the stopbox effect and the 15w doesn't.

what exactly is the stopbox effect and is it worth an extra $100
also i want it to be loud, for my room anyway will the 15watt be enough power
thanks
Quote by daniel2489
thanks

stompboxes are effects that you stomp on to activate, the 30 watt will be plenty loud enough
Quote by daniel2489
thanks

15 loud is enough for bed room practice for sure.
Quote by daniel2489
also how much is the difference between a 15 watt amp and a 30 watt

For the 15W there are less effects and you can't use it with the Sanpera footswitch.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Yep. Vypyr all the way.
The 30 watt is ridiculously loud above 3. It has more effects than the 15 watt and it can be used with a drummer easily.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
go for the vypyr and look used for a decent guitar, try craigslist
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
But dont get the impression Line 6 amps are bad i love my vetta
I personally like the VOX better than the vypyr
Roland cube. Best investment I've made in years. #1 practice amp.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Quote by daniel2489
also how much is the difference between a 15 watt amp and a 30 watt

i do belive its 15W
Quote by shredder408
i do belive its 15W

yea but is the quality of sound any different or is it just how loud it can get
i just want to practice in my room, no band will 15watts satisfy me
Quote by daniel2489
hey i would really appreciate any help. i want to make a major upgrade from my crappy spectrum guitar and silvertone amp i know, never heard of brands anyway

i want to get a line 6 amp so i was wondering if i should get a $130 line 6 spider iii 30 watt or a spider iv 15 watt $100, r spider iv 30 watt $200

and wat about the guitar i want an epiphone les paul
wat about an epi LS 100

i dont want to spend more than 500 on both combined

p.s. its just for home jamming

An LP100 and a modeling amp is not a major upgrade.

How good at guitar are you and how serious are you about playing/learning guitar?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

A spider IV or Vypyr 15 or 30w would most likely do what you're looking for.

And I'd stay away from the LP 100. The lowest end Epis are horrible. If you want an LP get the Studio Deluxe at least, and for an SG then a G400 at least.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Archieisted
me smells troll blood

Looking at the title i can also sense a troll.

WOW Line 6 spider amp.
LMFAO at WOW!!!!

Oh yeah this is in the wrong forum. btw.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Get a roland cube 20x/30x or Peavey vypyr or vox vt15

the roland and peavey is better for metal while the vox is better for funk, blues, clasic rock, punk and hard rock.

for guitar get a ibanez rg321
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Tatsumaru
An LP100 and a modeling amp is not a major upgrade.

How good at guitar are you and how serious are you about playing/learning guitar?

actually it would be a maj upgrade i have a hundred dollar guitar and a 50 dollar amp
i just want to jam by myself, been playing for 2 years, play guns n roses, sweet child o' mine, jimi hendrix and stuff like that

i dont want to make a career out of it

oh and thanks to all of yall i have decided on a peavey vypyr 15
and i think ima go with the epi les paul studio
^seriously, if you ever want to play with a drummer, you won't keep up with the 15. Get the 30.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by daniel2489
quick q
can i trust music123.com 2 get my guitar

yes and no.

yes they are reputable, you will RECEIVE the instrument, but no i wouldn't do it, buy it in store. always try before you buy
Please stay away from a Roland cube it's the worse amp ever made they sound like Sh*t. I have tried them all and they all fail miserably unless you like the sound of a AM transistor radio.

Go with the Line 6 or Vypyr. People get their jollies falsely saying Line 6 amps are bad they really have no clue what they are talking about. I have used a Line 6 for the last two years and it performs very well both on stage and here at home. It's a very versatile amp with great tone if you take the time to learn how to use it's settings. Your best bet is to try them out and see for yourself how many people don't know what they are talking about or just jump on the band wagon without ever even trying the amps out.

As far as a decent guitar get one of the mid range to upper end Epis. Stay away from any Epi with a bolt on neck Les Paul Specials and such. An Agile would be the next best choice. Try some used Epi guitars out. You must have some local music shops near you that you can try equipment out. See what you like and want. You would be surprised at what's out there that won't break the bank and will perform well.

John
Please stay away from a Roland cube it's the worse amp ever made they sound like Sh*t. I have tried them all and they all fail miserably unless you like the sound of a AM transistor radio.

Go with the Line 6 or Vypyr. People get their jollies falsely saying Line 6 amps are bad they really have no clue what they are talking about. I have used a Line 6 for the last two years and it performs very well both on stage and here at home. It's a very versatile amp with great tone if you take the time to learn how to use it's settings. Your best bet is to try them out and see for yourself how many people don't know what they are talking about or just jump on the band wagon without ever even trying the amps out.

As far as a decent guitar get one of the mid range to upper end Epis. Stay away from any Epi with a bolt on neck Les Paul Specials and such. An Agile would be the next best choice. Try some used Epi guitars out. You must have some local music shops near you that you can try equipment out. See what you like and want. You would be surprised at what's out there that won't break the bank and will perform well.

John
Especially the micro cube, the super small speaker always farts out notes.
Quote by darkcheef
Especially the micro cube, the super small speaker always farts out notes.

Yeah, but it's a decent practice amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
ok guys my plan is to go to guitar center try out the epiphone les paul studio deluxe (white) and if i like it, i'll order it from music123.com to get a free case for it worth like $80

wat do ya think good plan r not
Quote by daniel2489
ok guys my plan is to go to guitar center try out the epiphone les paul studio deluxe (white) and if i like it, i'll order it from music123.com to get a free case for it worth like $80

wat do ya think good plan r not

Just try all of the Epiphone LP's above the LP-100. They all are really similar, so just incase if they don't have the studio deluxe you could get a general feel of it.
what has everybody got against line 6 spiders i tried one the one with 200 presets in a guitar shop and i seriously loved it hard.
^wellll.... The fact that they have ridiculously fizzy muddy distortion/sterile clean tone and craptastic effects on top of that make them a terrible deal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Page 1 of 2