Page 1 of 2
Clicky

Going on tomorrow where I live. Now, as much as I agree with the EDL's view that Islamic extremism needs to be eradicated (and I'm a Pakistani Muslim myself), unfortunately, what they do in real life is completely different to what they claim. At previous protests there have been people carrying signs saying "Death to muzzies", "F*ck Islam", people making nazi salutes and chanting "I hate pakis more than you!". I can't even go into the city centre tomorrow to enjoy the day with my friends because I've been threatened to be stabbed by various individuals, simply based on my skin colour, they don't even know my religion. As well as that, police have been warning all ethnic minorities to stay at home tomorrow because apparently it's really going to get out of control tomorrow. Not good times Pit. What are your views on this?
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

people are idiots and every race/country has people who hate them.
I'm an American living in Germany, and had my fair share of prejudice from muslims during the whole Afghanistan and Iraq thing.
As a rule, man is a fool. Everywhere.
Quote by CoreysMonster
people are idiots and every race/country has people who hate them.
I'm an American living in Germany, and had my fair share of prejudice from muslims during the whole Afghanistan and Iraq thing.
As a rule, man is a fool. Everywhere.

Agreed. Why can't we all be nice and rejoice over common loves such as guitar? You know what, that's what the Pit's for!
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Yeah dude Apparently it's going to be utter hell tomorrow in town, some shops won't be open, and a lot of people who usually commute to Manchester whether for work or just a browse aren't going to be there.

People of all races and skin colours are staying out. God damn right wingers.

It's going to be hell, I hate to say it but it'll end in disaster, they always do.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Same crap as usual,
they'll be protesting then a gang of islamic extremists and UAF thugs will appear trying to start violence. The Guardian and BBC will put their spin on the situation again trying to make it look like the EDL are to blame for the violence, thankfully we have people posting their videos on youtube to show where the violence is originating.

I'm not really interested in it as the problem doesn't exist in my area but this whole cover up attitude coming from the leftist media here is really irritating, constantly pointing the finger at innocents and nothing is done about it. If it was the other way around, wel,l I'm sure we would all know the reaction!
Last edited by Nemm at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by Nemm
Same crap as usual,
they'll be protesting then a gang of islamic extremists and UAF thugs will appear trying to start violence. The Guardian and BBC will put their spin on the situation again trying to make it look like the EDL are to blame for the violence, thankfully we have people posting their videos on youtube to show where the violence is originating.

I'm not really interested in it as the problem doesn't exist in my area but this whole cover up attitude coming from the leftist media here is really irritating, constantly pointing the finger at innocents and nothing is done about it. If it was the other way around, wel,l I'm sure we would all know the reaction!

You can't say the EDL's completely innocent though. I mean, take my own example. I've been threatened to be stabbed by various individuals on Facebook just for being in the Manchester network, simply based on my skin colour and name. Islamic extremists suck though, and I lol'd at how you used the term "thug" with UAF, the ones AGAINST fascism :')
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
You can't say the EDL's completely innocent though. I mean, take my own example. I've been threatened to be stabbed by various individuals on Facebook just for being in the Manchester network, simply based on my skin colour and name. Islamic extremists suck though, and I lol'd at how you used the term "thug" with UAF, the ones AGAINST fascism :')

I'm just stating what I saw last time I passed through Birmingham when this happend. And yes, the UAF were the ones causing the trouble.
Also, "United Against Facism", they are trying to suppress freedom of speech and choice, how hypocritical!
Quote by Nemm
I'm just stating what I saw last time I passed through Birmingham when this happend. And yes, the UAF were the ones causing the trouble.
Also, "United Against Facism", they are trying to suppress freedom of speech and choice, how hypocritical!

True, it's rather hypocritical in that sense. Though I think holding signs up saying "Death to Islam" and "F*ck Islam" while making Nazi salutes is abusing that right to freedom of speech. It's inciting hatred and pretty much begging for a reaction, which is what I think they want anyway. I agree with what the EDL claim to stand for though, extremism in all religions suck. Shame people come along and ruin peaceful protests, both on the EDL side and the other side.
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

listen to this, then you'll see why the EDL does what it does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIGANxFLE5k
this is the voice of public opinion, on the radiowaves
The UAF however, has no meaning to it.
They want to stop fascism, and therefore freedom of speech.
How does that make sense?
Please feedback your opinions
Quote by 09phillt
listen to this, then you'll see why the EDL does what it does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIGANxFLE5k
this is the voice of public opinion, on the radiowaves
The UAF however, has no meaning to it.
They want to stop fascism, and therefore freedom of speech.
How does that make sense?
Please feedback your opinions

That's not ****ing public opinion! That's the deranged rantings of a right wing loon who is quite thankfully banned from this country.

Also, Fascism by it's very nature is opposed to the concept of freedom of speech, so your 'argument' against UAF is void.
EDL isnt facsist
and everything he says is true
go on
deny all these atrocities that have cleraly happened
Google it
Organisations such as the EDL seek to achieve unity of thought and actions, which is one of the defining characteristics of Fascism (I'll admit that there is no concise definition of Fascism as it's quite a broad ideology.

And those things that Michael Savage listed are irrelevant. You could easily reel of a list of similar length consisting of atrocities committed by the far-right.

The fact is that groups such as the EDL and individuals such as Michael Savage use such 'atrocities' as a pretext for spreading their ideology. They're trying to portray Muslims as an inherently violent people, so they can then effectively say "Oh! We're not racist! These people are CLEARLY awful"

And the funny fact is, is that the 'Extremists' they so clearly despise do exactly the same thing but in reverse.

In truth, they're both exactly the same, violent people looking to spread more violence.
Last edited by PeZ546 at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by PeZ546
Organisations such as the EDL seek to achieve unity of thought and actions, which is one of the defining characteristics of Fascism (I'll admit that there is no concise definition of Fascism as it's quite a broad ideology.

And those things that Michael Savage listed are irrelevant. You could easily reel of a list of similar length consisting of atrocities committed by the far-right.

The fact is that groups such as the EDL and individuals such as Michael Savage use such 'atrocities' as a pretext for spreading their ideology. They're trying to portray Muslims as an inherently violent race, so they can then effectively say "Oh! We're not racist! These people are CLEARLY awful"

And the funny fact is, is that the 'Extremists' they so clearly despise do exactly the same thing but in reverse.

In truth, they're both exactly the same, violent people looking to spread more violence.

A religion is not a race.
A lot of the people who organise EDL shit are football hooligans. Can't say I think they're the best people to go to for political advice.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Not knowing anything about the subject, but knowing how the media plays sides like a man playing himself in checkers, I'd say the EDL is not as bad as it seems, and the Islamics who venture to the protests are worse than they seem.

In America as long as a protest is legal you aren't really supposed to mess with it. I don't know how it goes in the UK, though.
The EDL is a bunch of badly organised football yobs who don't have 2 brain cells to rub together between them. Compared to the well-organised Unite Against Fascism, I don't think they have any great chance of making a difference. The only reason they're in the news is because of protesting badly.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by hugh20
The EDL is a bunch of badly organised football yobs who don't have 2 brain cells to rub together between them. Compared to the well-organised Unite Against Fascism, I don't think they have any great chance of making a difference. The only reason they're in the news is because of protesting badly.
but they have the right message
who cares who says what as long as its right? if tony blair suddenyl decided that he wanst to eradicate muslim fanactics then i would support him, otherwise i would not. make sense?
Quote by 09phillt
who cares who says what as long as its right? if tony blair suddenyl decided that he wanst to eradicate muslim fanactics then i would support him, otherwise i would not. make sense?

But eradicating Muslim fanatics and eradicating Muslims are two different things. Read up on the EDL before supporting them.
hello
Quote by 09phillt

No they don't, muslims are only about 3% of the population and extremists even less. This idea that muslims are slowly taking over and becoming a majoirty is laughable and reeks of prejudice. Also the EDL may try to cover their message up by pretending to only be against extremists but most of the evidence points to them being anti-islamic fanatics.
I really don't understand what a static protest is going to achieve. I hardly doubt Radical Fundamentalist Islamics are going to just give up their fight for martyrdom.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Nietsche
No they don't, muslims are only about 3% of the population and extremists even less. This idea that muslims are slowly taking over and becoming a majoirty is laughable and reeks of prejudice. Also the EDL may try to cover their message up by pretending to only be against extremists but most of the evidence points to them being anti-islamic fanatics.

theres 1.9 billion muslims int eh world, and in 30 years of the current birth rate stays the same france will be an islamic republic
now tell me they arent taking over
Quote by 09phillt
theres 1.9 billion muslims int eh world, and in 30 years of the current birth rate stays the same france will be an islamic republic
now tell me they arent taking over

France will not be an Islamic Republic.

They aren't taking over.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
France will not be an Islamic Republic.

They aren't taking over.

yes it will, becasue eventually there will be enough muslims and minorities to outnumber the native frenchies in voting, becasue the majority of muslims will only vote for another muslim. it's racism at its worst, like what happenned in america over voting obama in.
Quote by 09phillt
yes it will, becasue eventually there will be enough muslims and minorities to outnumber the native frenchies in voting,

Why the hell would you think that? They're muslims not rabbits.
Quote by 09phillt
yes it will, becasue eventually there will be enough muslims and minorities to outnumber the native frenchies in voting, becasue the majority of muslims will only vote for another muslim. it's racism at its worst, like what happenned in america over voting obama in.

*facepalm*

"it's racism at its worst"
How is it racism?

"like what happenned in america over voting obama in"
Only black people voted for Obama?

"be enough muslims and minorities"
Can't have it both ways, if muslims will only vote for muslims then surely they wont vote for eastern european minority candidates?

Your post is really poor, i'm from Stoke which has a demographic that reads something like;

"96.3% of the population of Stoke-on-Trent were born in the UK.[28] 94.8% of the population identified themselves as white, 2.6% as Asian British Pakistani, 0.5% Asian British Indian and 0.3% as Black Afro Caribbean." , a fair few BNP councillors, and even I'M not that bigoted
Quote by 09phillt

well im sorry none of you can understand my points.
if you maybe read up on what ive posted, then youd know what im talking about
its racist becasue blacks only voted for barack cos hes black
and muslims are like rabbits, the average birth rate is 8 per family
Quote by 09phillt
its racist becasue blacks only voted for barack cos hes black

No they didn't.

and muslims are like rabbits, the average birth rate is 8 per family

Sauce pl0x
just google "muslim birthrate" and you'll see
or put "muslim demographics" into youtube and theres a video
Protest THIS! *gets out cock*
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I don't see why UAF follows groups everywhere, no matter if you agree with them or not they should be able to protest.
Quote by hugh20

They protested in London, where I live (I live in Harrow) and the EDL hyped it up for thousands to go, but in reality, not many people went. They said they were protesting at the Islamisation of England... It's one mosque. By their odd judgements this country would be under serious threat form Hindus, Jews, Sikhs etc. NOT just Muslims. Their ideas are ridiculous.

Quote by 09phillt
just google "muslim birthrate" and you'll see
or put "muslim demographics" into youtube and theres a video

Why don't YOU show us? So we know what you're basing your 'facts' on.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

Quote by Bestykid
I don't see why UAF follows groups everywhere, no matter if you agree with them or not they should be able to protest.

here someone with sense
Sounds like fun, as much as I agree with the EDL it's bound to turn nasty.
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2