...giving it all up and living in nature? I've been pretty damn trippy lately thinking about the meaning of our existence and i'm pretty damn sure it isn't to make all the money you possibly can and then wasting it away on materialistic crap.

Obviously, doing such a thing would have a lot of negative things attached to it. Regardless, discuss. Also, i've considered i cum blood as an option and it didn't work out, so dont bother suggesting it.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Dirge Humani

First thing I thought of.

You took the picture right from my mouth.

Have a cookie.

No, buying needless shit is fun.

Plus it would get awful cold living rough with nature.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Yes, I've always fantasized joining a pack of wolves and just getting my nature on.
2010's Sexiest Female Uger

Obviously both life styles have their pluses and minuses. Giving up pretty much technology seems kind of pointless to me. I mean, I'd love to live in a more scenic part of the world, in a house and stuff, but I'll still need a job to pay for a home, food, clothing, etc. If you wanna go apesh*t and just live in the forest, obviously there are a lot of things you'll give up. And not just materialistic things.
Quote by Dirge Humani

First thing I thought of.
winrar
Have any of you guys ever read someone's post and think "I bet this is by someone not any older than 15 or 16", and then check their profile only to find yourself right?
Yea, im aware of the immense amount of things you would give up but it would be an intense challenge just to see if i could do it or not.

Quote by The Madcap
Have any of you guys ever read someone's post and think "I bet this is by someone not any older than 15 or 16", and then check their profile only to find yourself right?

Considering that is the average demographic of the pit, I can imagine why that happens a lot.
Quote by The Madcap

Did you ever consider that 15-16-17 are the most common ages of people in the Pit?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by namesroverrated
Did you ever consider that 15-16-17 are the most common ages of people in the Pit?
Yes, I'm aware of that.
Quote by leftyace
'm pretty damn sure it isn't to make all the money you possibly can and then wasting it away on materialistic crap.
\.

I'm pretty sure that is the "purpose" of life, either that or that is what "life" implies that you do.

Other than that, I can't really live without electricity and technology...then again, I can't even live properly with the two.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Does ANYONE ever put "i cum blood" as a reply anymore?

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by rock.freak667
I'm pretty sure that is the "purpose" of life, either that or that is what "life" implies that you do.

Other than that, I can't really live without electricity and technology...then again, I can't even live properly with the two.

Its more what modern society wants you to do than anything else. I've lived my whole life comfortably and i'm curious to see what it would be like to depend on instinct and survival skill. Keep in mind I never said live alone.

Quote by TheReverend724
Read Walden by Henry David Thoreau or Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

Yeah, Walden if you are looking for reasons to live in a natural environment (despite the fact that he doesnt recomend it in the book), or, if you are looking for a deeper meaning in life than what current sociey offers, read Nature by Ralph Waldo Emereson, its a good drop off point and was writen at around the same time as Walden.

And yes Ihave thought of it, attemting to live a moral life for a couple of years to see if it is truly a better existance, because even if it isnt at least I could say that I have tried it. "I dont want to be on my death bed and realise that Ive never truly lived" - Thoreau.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Ever considered...that your existence, along with everyone else's has no meaning?

In which case you might as well be all materialistic and all that if that's what makes you happy. Going and being with nature for the sake of it is completely void, but if it genuinely makes you happy then go for it man.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by Athabasca
Ever considered...that your existence, along with everyone else's has no meaning?

In which case you might as well be all materialistic and all that if that's what makes you happy. Going and being with nature for the sake of it is completely void, but if it genuinely makes you happy then go for it man.

Nihilism isn't my thing. I'm certainly not religious though. I suppose I want to try different ways of living, because if i don't then i'll never know if it would have made me happy (awesome Thoreau quote malakian)