Ok so, I want to get an iPhone 3Gs, but the monthly fee is something I don't want to pay, so I think that what would be smart to do is to buy an iPhone in Texas for $300 - $400 or so and unlock it.

Now my questions: is it possible to unlock this 3Gs? With the iphone unlocked, i can put credit anytime I want and any quantity? Are there risks of having the iPhone unlocked?
Thank you.
Yes you can unlock it, although I heard from a friend that if the iphone has the 3.1 software it's unlockable..

and no, you can't have unlimited credit, that's pretty stupid...
If you buy a SIM free iPhone, you can put a pay as you go SIM in there, my friend has one in his

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
This ^

Quote by dancesisidance
If you buy a SIM free iPhone, you can put a pay as you go SIM in there, my friend has one in his

and This.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Yes you can unlock it, although I heard from a friend that if the iphone has the 3.1 software it's unlockable..

and no, you can't have unlimited credit, that's pretty stupid...

obviously I dont think I will have unlimited credit, my question is if i can put credit into the iphone anytim i want, for example, tomorrow im putting $10 and next week $8 and like that
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
never ever ever update it.
Don't even update itunes.

My friend bricked his 3gS this way.

what do you mean?
do you mean that when you have now unlock the iphone you can't update itunes or iphone software or what do you mean?
Quote by dancesisidance

what do this means?
Quote by MetGunsACGuitar
what do this means?

I'm sorry, but the wording on that is just so terrible that it's funny.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by metaldud536

how i unlock phonez

Quote by imdeth