I really want to play an instrumental guitar rock song for a talent show at my school...

at the same time, i dont want to come off as a complete asshole..i love performing for the sake of performing (especially the song i want to perform), but i dont want to come off as some kid looking for a pat on the back for the sake of his ego.
I won a talent show doing that. Just don't play anything too weird.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't find any performers in the talent show conceited, unless I personally know them and I KNOW they are conceited.
As long as you don't give off a look that says "I'm better than you!" then you should be okay!
Although, half the people I've seen doing talent show things, they've always looked like complete dicks that are up themselves!
Thats the point if a talent show, as archangels666 mentioned
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
its all about how you act. talent shows are a good way to perform in a good enviornment, as long as you dont walk around school 4 a week telling everyone how badass you are
hey just do it, who cares if anyone thinks your conceited, the point is you want to get up there and play something for an audience

and good luck on winning
some people just think they are fun

I happen to agree
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Be modest at all times and you shouldn't have a problem with looking cocky-- ever. Just don't over-do it. You'd look like a douchebag who's trying to be cocky subtly if you do.
No, it's fine. The point of talent show is to show off your talent.

Just for curiosity's sake, what song are you performing?
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
The point of a talent show is cheap entertainment. Even if you win, you're just competing against peers, so there's nothing to get conceited over. Chances are none of you will become well known, and even if any of you do, it won't necessarily be the ones who won the talent show. I doubt and record company A&R guys are going to be scouting out the show.

Just go play, give an honest performance, and if you have fun and at least a few people in the audience enjoy it, then it's all good. No matter what, you won't be able to make everyone there happy.

If you think playing there makes you somehow superior to anybody, then you probably are conceited, and you probably won't be able to hide that. If you actually are cool, then there shouldn't be any problem.
What song are you playing?
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
At my school if a popular kid does it it would bo ok, but when a kid with no friends he was called a pussy trying to be cool
Quote by archangels666
...Isn't that the point of a talent show?

"Hey, look at me? I'm up on stage? I'm better than you?"

that made me laugh xDD
Quote by burndttoast
Be modest at all times and you shouldn't have a problem with looking cocky-- ever. Just don't over-do it. You'd look like a douchebag who's trying to be cocky subtly if you do.

this.
Don't come off saying, I'm am so much better than everyone else. I'm fully goona win, and if I don't the judges don't know ****.

Come off happy that you were given the opportunity to perform, and see others perform
Just as long as you have a rhythm section behind you (drums and bass) you'll be alright. However, I think when someone goes up there on their own with and electric, not only does it not sound good, but they do look more concieted than someone who is playing in a group.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by itstheman
I really want to play an instrumental guitar rock song for a talent show at my school...

at the same time, i dont want to come off as a complete asshole..i love performing for the sake of performing (especially the song i want to perform), but i dont want to come off as some kid looking for a pat on the back for the sake of his ego.

**** the haters.

Who's the man with a master plan?
A nigga with a mother****ing sweet solo to show his school body.