right now, i have a mexican made strat, and i love it. i really like the bluesy, clean tone out of it, and am in the process of saving up for a) a fuzz pedal b) a compressor c) a new guitar

in terms of a new guitar, i am looking for something kind of heavy, but with an original tone. i was looking for something along the lines of Sabbath or Kyuss, and will probably use this as my down tuned guitar... just give me some ideas to go off of i guess
Don't ever try to fly, unless you leave your body on the other side!
schecter + new pups. either gas mad long for something new or look used for tempests and c-1's. you can get a great guitar definitely around 300-600
Last edited by Wolfgangvanroth at Oct 9, 2009,
I'd say check out some Gibsons, every time some one mentions Sabbath I'm very inclined to recommend an SG though I'm sure an LP could do the trick as well.
but you should probably look into getting a better amp if your looking for better tone as like 60% comes from the amp. then 25 for the guitar and 15 for not sucking
A Gibson SG but if you are going with the sg look real hard to find a good one.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
shecter with dunolope pickups, dont go with the emgs. btw dont forget to add in an amp, like krank or line six to go with the setup.
What kind of amp do you already play?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by rocker222
shecter with dunolope pickups, dont go with the emgs. btw dont forget to add in an amp, like krank or line six to go with the setup.

dunlop p/u:go with s/ds or maybe dimarzios. definitely get emgs if you get an awesome tube amp
Dont get a line six WHATEVER YOU DO dont get a spider 3
Kranks arent youre best option by a long shot
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Elite (Seymour Duncan JB/59 set)
Ibanez PF15ECE
Custom EVH strat (Dimarzio Super Distortion)
Amps
Peavey Vypyr 15
Acoustic 220 Head
B-52 Cab
Pedals
Boss SD-1
Boss DS-1
Boss CE-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Blacken Seas
A Gibson SG but if you are going with the sg look real hard to find a good one.

It honestly isn't that hard to find a good playing Gibson anymore.
Parker Nitefly-M.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Wolfgangvanroth
dunlop p/u:go with s/ds or maybe dimarzios. definitely get emgs if you get an awesome tube amp
Dont get a line six WHATEVER YOU DO dont get a spider 3
Kranks arent youre best option by a long shot

Why not, alot of pro bands use the Variax if they need something versatile and something that sounds good.
Quote by darkcheef
Why not, alot of pro bands use the Variax if they need something versatile and something that sounds good.

From my experience, the Variax is a pretty poor quality guitar. You may have the convenience of switching tunings, but the pros end there.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
Quote by lespaulrocks39
From my experience, the Variax is a pretty poor quality guitar. You may have the convenience of switching tunings, but the pros end there.

For me, I meant the vetta. I confuse the variax and think it is a amp sometimes.
SG classic. Based on the 60's SG special with P-90s, which is exactly what Iommi played back then. Heck, his signature humbucker is designed to sound like the old P-90s. Look up an SG classic, it'd be perfect for this.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
iommi has a sig sg if u want it, but i suggest an esp, jackson or a dean, b/c they are grteat and not too expensive, besides, just get an older model tube amp and u got yourself a fukkin awesome sabbath tone, idk who kyuss is, but i seriously suggest one of these. never rule out a suppressor or a fuzz pedal, always a great addition, theres always these pickups which are awesome, you got a strat , a p-90, or a humbuker all in 1

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SHPR1b-PRails-Bridge-Humbucker?sku=583279
Quote by darkcheef
For me, I meant the vetta. I confuse the variax and think it is a amp sometimes.

Well then I have to agree with you. The Vetta is a pretty good modeling amp.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
Quote by rocker222

Just wow.

Anyway ts I'd say invest more money into a new amp as I assume you are playing through an MG.