Page 1 of 2
i am planning to write a speech to tell my parents to show them that metal isn't bad and so they under stand how great it is
but i need help with ideas to write can you please help me
... if they don't like metal, they don't like metal. You writing a speech isn't going to change anything about that.

Write a speech about how you can like what music you want to.

Or actually, don't write a speech at all, because that's just plain stupid and it's not going to change your parents opinions and it will be awkward for everyone involved.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Oct 9, 2009,
Don't try to convince them that it's super-barbeque-awesome, just get them to understand that it's no worse than pop, reggae or funk.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Tell them nothing bad has ever happened to a guy who listened or played metal. Oh, wait.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Tell them nothing bad has ever happened to a guy who listened or played metal. Oh, wait.

Is this a rape/drug/death joke?
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
... if they don't like metal, they don't like metal. You writing a speech isn't going to change anything about that.

Or actually, don't write a speech at all, because that's just plain stupid and it's not going to change your parents opinions and it will be awkward for everyone involved.

+1

what slinkyblue said is correct, their views are different to yours. people tell me that metals great, and i tell them that without blues you wouldn't have metal, and they bag me for listening to blues..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

A good one at that.

But yeah if you're planning on writing a speech about that you better write one about coming out of the retarded closet.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Let's just say R.I.P. Dime
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Speak up I can't hear you over the Hammerfall.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Corruption
Let's just say R.I.P. Dime

Ok.

TS, if you like metal, you are obviously going to be horrifically murdered in front of a crowd of fans.

I Apologize. RIP Dime.
-Jim Morrison
If they think metal is going to turn you into an evil rapist then just direct them to The Pit and ask them to make a choice. It's either metal, or The Pit.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Unless they're giving you **** for listening to it then i don't really see the point. And even if they are, just talk to them about it, no need to write a speech. Just tell them that it requires a lot of talent and is actually very melodic and musical and not just guys screaming down a microphone as they probably suspect.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Writing a speech would be gay. Just drop it clear.
BTW, they WILL NOT CHANGE their opinion on metal. They will hate it even more the older they get (probably).
good luck, you're better off talking to a wall. They have a different prospective on this than you and it probably won't change the years of horrific media coverage of metal or any other "extreme' music style, just look at news reports about punk in the early 80s. /thread
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
"Mom, I have increasing sexual thoughts about men with the hearing of every crappy pop song that comes on the radio. Metal is the only thing that subsides it."
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by SkaJon
good luck, you're better off talking to a wall. They have a different prospective on this than you and it probably won't change the years of horrific media coverage of metal or any other "extreme' music style, just look at news reports about punk in the early 80s. /thread

His parents probablywere Punks in the early 80's. My god you guys have some really weird misconceptions about your parents. A lot of the metal guitarists you metalheads worship are older than I am. Your parents rocked when they were your age.
Unless they did that whole disco thing in which case well nm.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Write a new speech telling them how awesome it is that they give you free accommodation and food.

Quote by Jackal58
His parents probablywere Punks in the early 80's. My god you guys have some really weird misconceptions about your parents. A lot of the metal guitarists you metalheads worship are older than I am. Your parents rocked when they were your age.
Unless they did that whole disco thing in which case well nm.

And, they also are partial to music of their own era.

Similar to how when I am 50 I'm likely not going to be listening to the pop stations.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by Witch-king
Write a new speech telling them how awesome it is that they give you free accommodation and food.

bottom of the page ftl

well what kind of music do they listen to?

if its classic rock, jazz, blues, country etc., you have a case. if its soft rock or adult favorites that play things like Jason Marz, u dont. actually Jason Marz drops acid, so u actually do lol.

classic rock: drugs, sex
jazz: weed and heroin, sex
blues: drugs and sex

the point is all music is dirty or influenced by something not morally "acceptable". srsly how old r u that ur parents monitor ur music. tell them ur not like the kids at Columbine and ur not influenced by the music or anything. say u know the difference between entertainment and actually acting on what its talking about. plus theres plenty of "safe" metal bands out there, or if they r Christian crazy folk, As I Lay Dying or Haste the Day. and Dave Mustaines Christian, but also an addict, so eh, idk.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

And, they also are partial to music of their own era.

Similar to how when I am 50 I'm likely not going to be listening to the pop stations.

Ya I know what you're saying. I have friends that don't realize that there is more than the "classic rock" station they listen too. I don't care to hear Led Zeppelin 20 times a day. I've already heard it 20,000 times. Don't get me wrong. I still throw some Zep on. But it's when I want to hear it. I much rather listen to stuff I haven't heard before.
I guess I just get bored easily.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
It should go something like this...

Dear Mother and Father,

Thank you for giving me a place to live and feeding me on a daily basis. I can't say how glad I am to have clothes on my back and parents who are still together in this day and age. Tell you what mom and pop, when I'm eighteen I'll work very hard and have a place of my own that I can live in and create the rules of its domain. There I will listen to my loud music you disapprove of, but in the meantime I'll gladly accept your warm hospitality. I really don't know how good I have it. Thanks

- Love, TS
Dear Mom,

I'll look back on this in a few years in a few years and realize how stupid I was and how silly metal is. Thanks for the advice; I really need to start listening to you more and quit dressing in dark clothes.

Your Son,
OP
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by Zaphikh
It should go something like this...

Or he could say that it's just music, and that even though he lives under his parents roof, he still has the right to listen to whatever he wants (as long as it's at a reasonable volume/he uses headphones).
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
your words alone will most likely be ineffective.
if you really want to prove a point, you're going to have to kill them.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

You forgot the /thread
Once again UG has delivered some of the best first posts ever.
My folks are fine with metal, as long as i don't make them listen.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
pushing music that they dont like will make them not like it more
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Page 1 of 2