Its been just over 30 days since my final clear coat and I'm going to try to start the final sanding/buffing tomorrow. I don't have an actual buffer but I may consider buying some kind of attachment for my drill. Is it acceptable to wet sand with 1000 grit and then buff it with an automotive polishing cloth (by hand) with a random polish from Canadian Tire?

Any advice on if the drill attachment would be worth it, the kind of polish I should get, and if there are any good places to buy sandpaper in Canada would be appreciated. I've been to rona/home hardware/canadian tire but they don't seem to have that much selection after 1000 grit. I was also wondering how I should go about cleaning up the fretboard? Theres some residue from the masking tape I used that I want to get off and I'd like to make the fretboard look nice.

For the design I drew it out in paper then lightly sketched it out on the guitar. A magnifying glass was used to burn the design. After each "burning" I had to sand some ash out of the grooves and keep burning until I hit wood.
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Attachments:
body.jpg
designclose.jpg
headstock.jpg
Quote by Bexiga
Its been just over 30 days since my final clear coat and I'm going to try to start the final sanding/buffing tomorrow. I don't have an actual buffer but I may consider buying some kind of attachment for my drill. Is it acceptable to wet sand with 1000 grit and then buff it with an automotive polishing cloth (by hand) with a random polish from Canadian Tire?
That would work. Use a rubbing compound, then a polishing compound. Not sure what you mean by "random".

Stay away from sharp corners/edges when sanding. You'll cut through them in the blink of an eye.

Quote by Bexiga
Any advice on if the drill attachment would be worth it, the kind of polish I should get, and if there are any good places to buy sandpaper in Canada would be appreciated. I've been to rona/home hardware/canadian tire but they don't seem to have that much selection after 1000 grit.
drill attachments suck. they're clumsy and likely that you'll cause damage. I'd just do it by hand. You don't have that much area to do, anyway.

Not from Canada. Can't help you on sourcing.
Quote by Bexiga
For the design I drew it out in paper then lightly sketched it out on the guitar. A magnifying glass was used to burn the design. After each "burning" I had to sand some ash out of the grooves and keep burning until I hit wood.
be careful sanding/polishing near those areas, it will be very easy to cut through the edges.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
By random, I meant.. whatever I could find at Canadian Tire I guess, but thanks a lot for the help! I'll follow your advice for the drill attachment, compounds, and staying away from the design edges.

Thanks again.