What do you normally do at gigs, do you stand at the back, in the middle and mosh/go in circle pits etc around or at the front-first ones to the venue waiting in the queue and getting crushed at the barrier hoping to touch an idol or whatever?

I tend to stand to the back a bit for the supports and have some booze then get closer for the main band but be at the side so not to be crushed to death. If its a heavy band i have a mosh nearer the end.
I haven't gigged in forever. But I usually stood near the front just kinda getting into the music. I'm not one to make an ass out of myself on stage.

EDIT: I thought you meant ON STAGE.
If there's a chance of getting to the front I'll go for it, otherwise I stay at the back where there's space to move.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Well. When playing I just move with the groove and make my bass-faces involuntarily.

When watching, I'm in the pit snapping spines.
I go to the front if the band's worth the pain.

I also try to not to mosh, and I'm nice to people. I hate dicks at concerts.

I just want to get close and watch the band.
Well, I went to Metallica last Saturday, had the **** seats (that were still expensive) and basically just fist pumped/headbanged/sang/air guitared.

I was not the only one doing so, so I did not feel like a tool.
*ignores thread intro*
Well, on stage, I just chill and enjoy playing the music, accentuating the necessary parts of the songs with more active movement.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by Froboarder
*ignores thread intro*
Well, on stage, I just chill and enjoy playing the music, accentuating the necessary parts of the songs with more active movement.

wow you play on a stage dont bother telling us of you attending gigs then we all want to hear your rockstar stories

if you use that amp on stage...what wattage is your microcube?
Quote by lucertia.
wow you play on a stage dont bother telling us of you attending gigs then we all want to hear your rockstar stories

if you use that amp on stage...what wattage is your microcube?

I don't throw stuff out, I keep it all. Nice try at being a smartarse.

EDIT: Partially my fault, I haven't added new gear to my list since february. I have a lot of stuff to add.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Last edited by Froboarder at Oct 9, 2009,
I generally tend to start moshes and the sort.

....and that's why I'm not allowed into my little sister's piano recitals anymore
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by RG5EX1
I generally tend to start moshes and the sort.

....and that's why I'm not allowed into my little sister's piano recitals anymore

That was a touching story, man!
Quote by chaoticfables
That was a touching story, man!

There, there. It'll be alright.

Quote by imdeth

thread quality> thread quantity.

but anyway. if its a small local show, no way am i moshing, cuz usually its some really dedicated wannabes that love the band too much and dont know how to mosh and crash into people who arent moshing. if its a metal act in a medium venue and theres lotsa people hell yeah im moshing. if its a huge venue and a metal act im moshing really hard in circle pits.

rap shows tho r totally different. more noddin ur head, zoning out, and havin ur hand go up and down and grinding. i love the 2 extremes.
Here I was in a gym battle with my trusty Mudkip, we were owning the leader's ass and then I told Mudkip to do an ice beam, then I noticed he was out of PP, I lost the battle

oh wait..... this is gig nightmares.....

*leaves*
Quote by Lord Mudkipz

oh wait..... this is gig nightmares.....

Quote by imdeth

Usually i circle the room, talk with people a bit, have a drink or two and then i always end up pushing my way to the front for something that gets my attention.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by blue_strat
Why do you make so many threads?

What? 114 threads in the one month he's been a registered user? You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait 'til he buys a guitar.
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
oh sh*t........ I just look retarded now.........

Indeed. And I am still very confused.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by RG5EX1
Indeed. And I am still very confused.

I thought the title said "Your Normal Gig Nightmare" for some reason and I posted a random nightmare, and after a few minutes later I realized it the thread wasn't about nightmares
Quote by Lord Mudkipz
I thought the title said "Your Normal Gig Nightmare" for some reason and I posted a random nightmare, and after a few minutes later I realized it the thread wasn't about nightmares

I would just edit the post if I were you
Quote by Lord Mudkipz

(Invalid img)

OT: It really depends on the type of gig it is / what the venue is.
Quote by imdeth

ON STAGE: I assume mega awesome power stance and go from the normal headbang to sometimes the circle headbang. Since my band gigs infrequently the bangovers always suck. But the shows are rad. We also have funny 'choreography' in a few of the songs that we do. Sync'd circleheadbangs and stuff. I wanna try incorporating a hi 5 or two but im not sure where exactly, yet.
Depends what kind of show it is. Usually for arenas, I'll get a seat in the lower sections (and obviously stand for the concert). Smaller shows I tend to hang near the back and just take everything in. If it's someone I'm a big fan of, I'll try and get as close as possible and get right into it.
I like to get close to the stage. I like moshing, but not that stupid pit crap. It's the stupidest thing that's ever been invented. I just like to watch the show from as close as possible and listen to the music.
Quote by fretsonfire74
not that stupid pit crap. It's the stupidest thing that's ever been invented.

But you are in it right now.
Quote by imdeth