So anyone who listens to EVH, Paul Gilbert, Racer X and Jeff Beck wanna help me out?

Could you suggest the best album from each of these artists? I wanna get into them but I don't know where to start. No compilations please, I don't like them. Thanks for your help I guess
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
One album at a time please <_<
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by XianXiuHong
Paul Gilbert's best albums are Get Out Of My Yard and Silence Followed By A Deafening roar.

Best Racer X albums would be Superheroes and Technical Difficulties, but seriously, I love all their music.

this.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Anything by Paul Gilbert. He's amazing.

and this.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
For EVH, honestly, just go with their first album. The rest is pretty whack.
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.
Quote by lucertia.
inb4 Paul Gilbert wankboys

Proud card carrying mamber of the PG fanclub(not really).

But yeah, you can't go wrong with anything Paul has done. Unless of course he sings on the record. His voice sucks.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Proud card carrying mamber of the PG fanclub(not really).

But yeah, you can't go wrong with anything Paul has done. Unless of course he sings on the record. His voice sucks.

I think when you get out of your teens that Gilbert and that stuff is just a huge bore.
Quote by lucertia.
I think when you get out of your teens that Gilbert and that stuff is just a huge bore.

It's never started getting old and I've been a fan for years. In fact, the more I improve as a musician, the more I like PG's music.
Quote by skaterskagg1
It's never started getting old and I've been a fan for years. In fact, the more I improve as a musician, the more I like PG's music.

You are only 18 dude. I saw Mr Big in 94. I love Friedmans playing because it has character, personality and originality. His stuff is so bland and unmusical IMO.
Eddie van Halen - Greatest hits
Paul Gilbert - Greatest hits
Racer X - Greatest hits
Jeff Beck - Greatest hits

None of them are compilations. Each artist wrote every song specifically for the album.
Quote by BLToast
For EVH, honestly, just go with their first album. The rest is pretty whack.

This. Besides a song here and there on other albums, its true
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by lucertia.
You are only 18 dude. I saw Mr Big in 94. I love Friedmans playing because it has character, personality and originality. His stuff is so bland and unmusical IMO.

Jason Becker hasn't played a guitar in 20 years and I still love his old stuff.
and I like Freidman too. I've just never lost interest in Paul. Maybe you're right. Lets hope that day never comes.
why would you want to settle for only one of there albums just get them all the all frule
why would you want to settle for only one of there albums just get them all the all frule
Damn. I was hoping you were gonna ask "So what songs should I mix together in a contemplation?"

And I would be like "Obviously open with all of Eruption except for the tapping part, play Get Out of My Yard, then go into Scatterbrain then end with the tapping part of Eruption. That would be sweet."

but you didn't. Just get all of them.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
EVH-Van Halen I
PG-Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar
Raxer X-Street LethalEDIT: No wait Technical Difficulties
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Oct 9, 2009,
Quote by Thrasher51
EVH-Van Halen I
PG-Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar
Raxer - Technical Difficulties

there (just changed it so your edit is my answer)
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
If you have not seen Jeff Beck's (preferred DVD) or heard his ...Live at Ronnie Scotts recent release you are missing a super fine display of a true master at work.
For me, WIRED, is the best of the best, an all time timeless masterpiece, and it made me a big fan for many years. The newer DVD has a great mix, all live and just suburb quality. It's a killer peformance and his band is world class, you have to be the best to play with Jeff. That chick Tal will just wipe you out on Bass, I was speachless after watching cut 4.

I have a couple other Beck works in the 90's, You Ask For it, and Who Else, both have their moments. Get the live DVD you will change your mind he walks through examples of his entire career. As one reviewer I think so admirably put it "God plays guitar through Jeff Beck's hands", I am an atheist myself but I get the comment. How he does what he does is truly master technique. I am real fan of instrumental fusion music, Satriani and Vai, but I keep going back and watching Jeff because I cannot do what he does. I have heard some of your other favs, Gilbert is a shredder. I recommened Satch's Professor Funkadelicus or whatever its called, it's his best.