I just bought a $230 Stealth Pro neck pick up sustainiac pickup for my les paul, and took it down to a shop...they said that it would work better with the p-90's currently in it, and that it would be a large fee to modify the guitar. Another shop gave me an estimate of 100-150$ for the instillation. What's the deal? Should I do it? Is it worth it?
Gear
American Fender Stratocaster (SCN pups)
Gibson Les Paul: Custom
Samson Q6 Mic
Balls
just wondering.... why would you buy something and then ask if you should have bought it or not?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
why does everyone here have to give opinions on another's behaviour instead of just helping them out and answering their question?

do more research man before you do anything to your beloved axe
Quote by SPBY
just wondering.... why would you buy something and then ask if you should have bought it or not?

because I can return it
Gear
Samson Q6 Mic
Balls
Quote by musk
why does everyone here have to give opinions on another's behaviour instead of just helping them out and answering their question?

do more research man before you do anything to your beloved axe

i didn't give an opinion, i asked a question

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
i didn't give an opinion, i asked a question

Anyways...what do you think?
Gear
Samson Q6 Mic
Balls
well it really depends on what sound you think is better. I would pay for a modification if it made my guitar better sounding/playing.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Wow, no help whatsoever.

TS, the reason they are giving you ridiculous estimates is because you have to route for the bigger pups. the route for a p-90 is smaller than a typical humbucker but bigger than a typical single coil.

If you can operate a router, you should have no trouble doing it yourself.
You proably should have done a bit of research first. As jim said, the soapbar p90 are a bit smaller, routing is expensive if you get someone to do it. But fi you can do it, its not too hard.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Don't you also need a 9v battery for the sustainiac?
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.