That really sucks.
But I kinda figured that they would do it eventually......

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
it seems rather sudden. i mean i understand a few dollars up or down. but $100 increase just like that. really ****ing lame.
Quote by tknick90
it seems rather sudden. i mean i understand a few dollars up or down. but $100 increase just like that. really ****ing lame.
Would you rather it went up $25/week for 4 weeks?

I emailed Blackstar about this when I first noticed the price increase. Basically they weren't making anything on the HT-5 at $299. They only introduced it at that price to help them get their foot in the door. Now that they're here though they want to start pushing into new markets (like Canada) and they want to get the Series One set up with US retailers.

If you were sitting on the fence and got nipped by the price increase that sucks. It's still a great deal at $399 though.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
too bad for them that they didn't do it before everybody and their grandma went out and bought one
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
So? It's an average piece of gear at an average price. What exactly are you pissed about?

the fact that i was JUST about to buy it, and it goes up $100.. how is that difficult to understand?
Supply and Demand. Demand increases, prices drop.

Look up "Line 6 Spider" you can get that for a sack lunch on some websites.

Could it be that UG is in direct control of the market price of Guitar Gear. Lets all get on a Mesa's suck bandwagon and drive the prices into the floor!

Just jokin' Ug aint got that kind of pull...... or do they?

It does seem that way though. The Blackstar HT-5 and the Peavey Classic 30 are the two amps that I and many others recomended the most.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204