hey guys i'm finally looking at getting my first tube amp and i've narrowed it down to a used tiny terror head i found. I need to buy a 1x12 cab to go with it. I've looked at the Epiphone Valve Jr extension but i'm open to ALL suggestion. price budget is about $300 used. I have an Ibanez RGA and i like a warm clean and solid crunch.
Where do you live?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
framus or harley benton if you're UK/Euro and avatar if you are US/Can. that is standard UG answer. we also recommend the 'contemporary' style of avatar cab if you are going orange.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
framus or harley benton if you're UK/Euro and avatar if you are US/Can. that is standard UG answer. we also recommend the 'contemporary' style of avatar cab if you are going orange.

+1

I'd probably get a V30 in it too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by stanrobertsmith
Edmonton, Alberta...but what does that have to do with anything?

oh, I was just gonna search for some used stuff on your Craigslist......

edit- theres a tiny terror head for $500. Not sure if thats the one you're buying....
http://edmonton.en.craigslist.ca/msg/

ok wow.... Edmonton's CL is a fail.

uhhhh...

You can look into Avatar cabs, but they're a hassle to get over the border. I had to go from Vancouver to Seattle to pick mine up.
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Last edited by jc349 at Oct 9, 2009,
damn, didn't know they were a hassle for canadians. i heard they didn't cause too much trouble to get over that boarder.

the V30's a good little speaker, they'll def cut in a mix. you can also go with g12h-30 if you want some extra low end, the g12m-25 is more vintage. G12-65 will have lots of headroom like the v30 but won't have as much of a mids hump.

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
damn, didn't know they were a hassle for canadians. i heard they didn't cause too much trouble to get over that boarder.

the V30's a good little speaker, they'll def cut in a mix. you can also go with g12h-30 if you want some extra low end, the g12m-25 is more vintage. G12-65 will have lots of headroom like the v30 but won't have as much of a mids hump.

Yah, they're tough to get in Canada. You have to pay shipping ($100) plus duty and other charges. I just went to the States to pick mine up. I had mine shipped to right over the border.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by gumbilicious

The highs are a bit smoother on the 65 too. The only thing is other than the G12H-30, those all cost extra. Really it all comes down to preference TS. I absolutely love the 65s but I've grown to like the V30s a lot more over the last year or so.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by jc349
Yah, they're tough to get in Canada. You have to pay shipping ($100) plus duty and other charges. I just went to the States to pick mine up. I had mine shipped to right over the border.

ok well the site only say $29 so do you think it would be possible to ship one to a fedex place in the states and just drive to pick it up?
Quote by stanrobertsmith
ok well the site only say $29 so do you think it would be possible to ship one to a fedex place in the states and just drive to pick it up?

Thats what I did. They're great cabs for the price. If you bought one for $250 US, plus $29 US shipping, then drove down to pick it up, that would definitely work. Idunno if you're willing to drive that far though.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349
Thats what I did. They're great cabs for the price. If you bought one for $250 US, plus $29 US shipping, then drove down to pick it up, that would definitely work. Idunno if you're willing to drive that far though.

what was your process of ordering (like what did you tell them to know where to ship it) and was it easy?
It was really easy. I ordered via email. The guys there were really friendly and responded quickly. They hand-write all receipts so that no one gets your credit card #. I gave them my home address, plus a separate shipping address and they were fine with that. The great thing about Avatar is that you can get an orange cab to match your head!

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by mmolteratx
The highs are a bit smoother on the 65 too. The only thing is other than the G12H-30, those all cost extra. Really it all comes down to preference TS. I absolutely love the 65s but I've grown to like the V30s a lot more over the last year or so.

i thought you could get the 'non-heritage' ones for no extra

Quote by avatar

Celestion Vintage 30, G12H30, G12T75, Greenback, Classic Lead 80, Hellatone 30, Hellatone 60 , G12K100

those are all in the 249 usd list. never played the lead 80, but i had the g12k-85 which were the precursor to the 100's, very taming speaker, great for drop tunings and lots of distortion. i have played numerous versions of M's and H's, and owned the 30's for a bit before upgrading to webers.

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious

those are all in the 249 usd list. never played the lead 80, but i had the g12k-85 which were the precursor to the 100's, very taming speaker, great for drop tunings and lots of distortion. i have played numerous versions of M's and H's, and owned the 30's for a bit before upgrading to webers.

i'm thinking off getting the G12H but whats the difference between the G12H30 for $249 and the G12H celestion heritage for $359??

EDIT: I compared the website specs side to side and the only things that were different were:
Frequency range: 30 is 75-5000hz...................heritage is 55-5000hz
Resonance frequency, Fs: 30 is 85hz...............hertiage is 55hz
DC resistance, Re: 30 is 6.7Ω & 13.1Ω.............heritage is 6.53Ω & 12.11Ω

does anyone know what those mean and is it worth $110?
Last edited by stanrobertsmith at Oct 9, 2009,
holy crap, i had no idea there were going for that much! the g12H-30($249) is a contemporary take on the g12h series, it is basically a modern 'recipe' for the H series. the g12h heritage is a supposed to be a 'vintage recipe' for the H, but it is really just a mix of vintage recipes to produce a 'vintage' sounding H. i want to say that the heritage one is made in england as well, hence the higher price, but i am really not too sure about that.

either way, as you can see both speakers will be quite comparable. my advice is by the weber g12h, it is about 1/2 the price of the cheap H and is handmade in america. and it is made to older specs.

-ae