Alright so I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now and my technique has been coming along pretty good. Been six years and I still have to think about where a note is. If someone told me to play a f# on the A string, I'd have to think about it for a second. Any excercises to get better at this? I've been thinking about music as numbers, not as notes. enough is enough. I think it's time to start thinking like a true musician. Any help is appreciated.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Quote by stalestrings
Guitar teacher.

Not needed.

Check out Fretboard Logic, and Fretboard mastery(PM me for more) . Amazing books.
Also, when I was trying to memorize the fretboard I borrowed a chromatic tuner and played every note and named it then checked the tuner if I was right. There are a huge amount of ways to do things.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Do you know the alphabet from A to G? Its that simple.

A A# B C C# D# E F F# G G#

In that order across all the strings.

In fact the A string is really easy to memorize because the order I listed above is exactly how the notes go along that string. Open string is A, first fret is A#, second fret is B, etc etc.

Apply that to all the strings. For example, the E strings. Open string is E, first fret is F, second F#, third G, and so on & so forth.

D string? Open is D, first fret D#, second fret E, third F, fourth F#, fifth fret is G.......

You get the idea.

Of course maybe you already know all that and I'm just blowing hot air.