Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well in this challenging economy

Anyhoo, had a question to all of you more experienced writers in here. When writing your lyrics, do you use a word processor? Reason I ask is because I have written out my lyrics in the past on paper but sometimes I feel restrained becasue my thoughts come into my head faster than I can write them. Plus, I find that I make spelling and grammatoical errors that a word porcessor would automatically fix but I don't want my thoughts to be too "antiseptic", if you know what I mean.

Thoughts?

**edited to correct the spelling of the word "processor"
Last edited by unclerico at Oct 10, 2009,
The economy is on the upswing....how bout "Hope everyone is doing well in spite of the Nobel Prize making a joke of itself."

But to answer your question, it's all about personal preference. I used to not even be able to write a word if it wasn't in my trusty purple composition notebook, but I find when writing longer pieces, it's easier to type them. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, though I personally have written some of my better pieces on paper.

So do whatever you are most comfortable with. Besides all that obvious grammar stuff, there aren't many more rules to writing.

Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
The economy is on the upswing....how bout "Hope everyone is doing well in spite of the Nobel Prize making a joke of itself."

But to answer your question, it's all about personal preference. I used to not even be able to write a word if it wasn't in my trusty purple composition notebook, but I find when writing longer pieces, it's easier to type them. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, though I personally have written some of my better pieces on paper.

So do whatever you are most comfortable with. Besides all that obvious grammar stuff, there aren't many more rules to writing.

+1, especially the Nobel Prize part

I personally like using Paper the best, because its more personal for me writing it as opposed to typing it.