Hey everybody, I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about Composite Acoustics. The one I played was amazing, and it would never go out of tune. It is also durable and you don't have to worry about humidity problems. Is this guitar really worth the $1400 price tag? It sounds awesome!

http://www.caguitars.com/Files/Product/Acoustic_Guitars_331/Legacy_120.asp

I think its made out of carbon fibers.....

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
If you go camping allot it'd be great, but for that kinda money I want something that my grandkids will fight over. that guitar is never gonna sweeten with age.

James
it's nice in that it stays in tune, wont break/crack/dent, and will never have bent neck problems.

that being said, they do sound fake. not AS fake as you'd think out of a basically plastic guitar, but not nearly as good as similar priced wood acoustics. it could almost be compared to analog and digital. the digital is just TOO perfect sometimes to the point where it sounds worse...make sense? if you like that sound then more power to ya, but personally i like a little real life in my guitars. i also think they sound even worse plugged in. kind of like an electric through an acoustic simulator.

i'm personally not a huge fan of the feel of them too. they just feel....wrong.... give me a good ol' wood neck any day over those. i like a little character in my guitars. both in feel and sound.
I played a GX model not too long ago. It was okay, but it really lacked a balanced tone. There was no mid to really dig into when I wanted to accent. It wouldn't respond much.

Carbon fibre guitars such as Composite Acoustic guitars do have their uses. They're great workhorse guitars for the gigging musician as it can withstand a LOT of abuse. The tuning stability is also a plus.

On the down side, they do not age with playing and also don't have the really warm and woody tone that a lot of people desire.

From my perspective, if you aren't gigging, there's really nothing a carbon fibre acoustic guitar can offer you that a regular wooden guitar can't.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Ok thanks guys.

I played one recently and thought that the tone surpassed alot of the other acoustics in the price range, but maybe I'll have to go play it again.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Spent the day playing "real" acoustics in that price range before you play that one again.

James
the ones i tried didn't have the right strings - they needed brighter ones, but the bottom end was pretty good. with brighter strings, i think they'd have sounded good. today i tried out a rainsong carbon fiber jumbo that sounded very good.

excellent for those who live in dry or humid areas - no worries about cracking or swelling.
^ I would love to try out a Rainsong Jumbo. I wish I could find them here in Toronto more easily. The only dealers are in montreal and british columbia though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
the pastor at my church has a couple of composite acoustics. they don't really sound like a wood guitar.. kinda unique. it plays really nicely.. the neck profile isn't for me, but that's all preference. plugged in, they sound amazing. his are both past the $2000+ mark though. they're a lot better than any of the rainsongs i've played..