Hey, I've owned the new Ibanez RGA32 for a couple moths now, but I've been having a weird feedback problem. If I crank the volume on my amp to around half (where it gets TOO loud, lol) I get a kind of feedback that I haven't got from my other guitars, its more of a lower-sounding annoying hum as opposed to a high screech like I normally get with my other guitars. The pickups are LoZ3 Active pickups (made by Ibanez) which run off of 2 1.5V AA batteries. I'm using a Line 6 Spider 3 150 watt combo (take it easy, If i could afford a kick-ass tube amp I would have one) but the problem is not exclusive to that amp. I've tried it on my friend's Marshall half stack and it does the same thing. The feedback is present whenever I'm not playing the strings, and only at high volumes. Its really annoying when jamming because I have to turn up loud to be able to hear myself over the drums, and when playing shows its annoying because during pauses all you can hear is that feedback. I'm wondering whether or not it could be because of poor wiring, or if its just the pickups? If anyone has experience with wiring, active pickups (these ones in particular preferably) or eliminating feedback, any theories/suggestions would be great.

P.S. The problem seems to be worse on the Bridge pickup.
get a noise gate.....from what you`ve described it`s not feedback but coil hum, it will be more apparent on the bridge pup `cos it`s a higher output pup.

the noise gate will eliminate most/all of your hum when not playing, go for a boss ns2
the amp I'm using has a built in noise gate, and I've had that on, maybe I'll try one out a guitar shop to see if that is the problem.
Got the same guitar and I never had that problem....

Though I do reccomend swapping the pickups (plan on doin that once i have the money for some nice dimarzios)

oh and i don't think the spider 3 has a built in noise gate...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Oct 14, 2009,
I thought the low strength of the magnets in active pickups eliminated feedback noise.

I dont have anything like that on my EMG fitted LTD, on my Ibanez, yes, but not the LTD.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Hmm, I like these pickups, I think they're great, but I'm hesitant to upgrade to better actives, mainly because I don't want to have to pay for it if I can fix the issue now.
well better pickups usually have a better sound to em..

... and again, the spider 3 150 watt doesn't have a noise gate for as far as I know..
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
The 150W spider III's have no noice gate?

Weird....my Spider II 1 12 has a built in noise gate.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I might be wrong but I didn't see one on the features list.

Oh well, I'll check it again.

EDIT: Well it does have one, TS is damn sure he has it on? it might also be your cable (had to switch my cable cause mine kept producing one hell of a screech)
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
TS - make sure your noise gate is on..

if its like mine..hold tap button while turning reverb knob up and it will turn noise gate on.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
No, I've had the noise gate on. All it really does is just remove hiss. Don't think the cable is the problem, as it happens on all of mine, but I can try one of my buddies good ones. If I can't remedy this problem, I guess EMGs are going in this guitar, they'd probably sound a bit better anyways.
Ok...how cose do you stand to the amp when you play and are you facing the amp with your guitar.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Usually happens when I'm facing directly towards my amp or monitor or directly away from it. If I'm sideways to it, it usually doesn't happen.