well im currently using debussy's "Girl with the flaxen hair" sheet music, but its for piano. and some parts sound strange on guitar. Anyhelp with making it more clear? or something like that. the key signature is tricky also. 6 Flats.

so im pretty much asking how to transcribe it better. and how would i fuse the bass clef and treble cleff together? Chords? im lost lol
Classical Guitarist
A six flat key signature suggests F# Major.
And you can't really fuse the two clefs, however they are seperated by middle C, if that helps.
As for transcribing it better, it's all up to just not making errors, really, and getting the right octaves.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Its Gb Major, F# Major wouldnt make any sense for 6 flats.

And it would help to see the sheet music, but Im guess the bass clef is playing the harmony and the treble clef is playing the melody, you pretty much cant play both at the same time on a guitar.
Quote by lancethurmond
you pretty much cant play both at the same time on a guitar.

Martin Taylor would like a word with you
I'd start with the bass line. Usually a bass line won't be as complex as the melody and you'll be able to write it out easier. Then start figuring out and fitting the melody over the top. If you get to a point where it's impossible to play what's in the melody and what's in the bass at the same time, take out some of the bass parts to make it work (melody is most important). Just remember that you'll have multiple ways of playing the notes most of the time.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by lancethurmond
Its Gb Major, F# Major wouldnt make any sense for 6 flats.
And it would help to see the sheet music, but Im guess the bass clef is playing the harmony and the treble clef is playing the melody, you pretty much cant play both at the same time on a guitar.

My bad, you're right, mixed up the order of the circle.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
a. there are some things pianos can do that guitars simply cant. 4 voice fugues for example.

b. it would be really interesting to hear something like that on guitar. Since debussy was in general not big on counterpoint (or complex melodies) and focused more on rich harmonies it could be possible, but very hard. instead of playing the piano score exactly on guitar (which is dumb, a guitar is not a piano) you should write a guitar arrangement (as close to the piano arrangmenet as possible). figure out what is going on harmonicaly and how debussy is leading his voices (one of the most important things he does) and how the melody and the harmony interact, also focus on figuring out what he was trying to do. this piece is more about melody and harmonic support then his other stuff, but in general debussys music was about color and sound more then melody and accompaniment--the "accompaniment" is just as important to his works as the "melody" (sometimes more important)
There's tabs for in UG.
Quote by Albert Einstein
Nuh-uh. Nuh-uh. NUH-UH. NOPE. NO! NOPE! WRONG! NO! UR AN IDIOT! STFU! GTFO!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Eyebrows has no Whoopi Goldberg, for never is she surprised?