it was a martin madagascar rosewood eric clapton signature model

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-00028M-Eric-Clapton-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=501652&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=304359959

and i think i'd sell a few non essential body parts to own one. alas, i do not think i'd find any buyers.

this guitar had tone like no other i've played - not even the goodall grand concert that i fell madly in love with and also can't afford. the sound this martin makes is the sound in my head that a perfect guitar would make - and i never expected to hear it in person. and did i mention it was very comfortable to play and louder and fuller than a guitar that size usually is? i also tried a madagascar rosewood gibson j-45 that sounded very very good, but couldn't compare to that martin. wow!
congratulations on this great discovery. now all you have to do is work your ass off to buy it. lol
I'll buy your testi... i mean...

your... spleen...

yeah...

<_<
>_>
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Playing expensive guitars make me depressed cause I know I cant afford them. :[
Gear

EastWood Sidejack DLX
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
S.U.F VRH FUZZ
MXR Mirco Amp
BOSS BD-1 (Blues Driver)
Dunlop CryBaby
playing expensive guitars usually is a very good way to develop your ears. not all are better, but you learn about that, too. i've learned a lot about which less expensive guitars sound better by having the expensive ones to compare them to. this time was a mixed yay/non-yay situation because i was totally jazzed after playing the guitar but realized the chances of coming up with $6000 after tax were very slim. drat!

maybe i'll have to sell my speen after all
A dollar for you eyes, thyroid and prostate.
Hey at this rate you'll get the bridge before you die.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I would love to try an Eric Clapton or John Mayer signature Martin.

Have you tried a Collings yet? Apparently they're better built than Martins.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i'm not a big collings fan - and usually not a big martin fan. the first eric clapton signature martin i tried last night was good, but it wasn't that exciting to me. i wasn't actually going to try the other one, but my husband started playing it and my ears perked up and i had to give it a try. the sales guy tried it, then i played some more and we all said "wow!" a lot and kept taking turns on it

i'm lucky enough to live 45 minutes from mccabes, where they have a number of goodalls, collings, high end martins, r. taylors, froggy bottoms, santa cruz guitars as well as some lower priced unusual ones like boulder creek and timberline. they usually have at least 2 brazilian rosewood guitars there, and some other more interesting materials. have you had the opportunity to try a huss and dalton? if you like martins and collings, h&ds are as good as it gets according to many. i've only tried one, but it was amazing. http://www.hussanddalton.com/

Quote by captivate
I would love to try an Eric Clapton or John Mayer signature Martin.

Have you tried a Collings yet? Apparently they're better built than Martins.
Last edited by patticake at Oct 10, 2009,
^ I haven't had the opportunity to try any Huss & Daltons, Froggy Bottoms, R Taylors, or Santa Cruz. I'm quite jealous I must say. I've tried lots of Martins(including a custom 7 string), Taylors, and Larrivees, as well as some Bourgeois and Collings. Would love to try out some Beneteau and Greenfield guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Slightly off subject...

Has anyone played a Sheryl Crowe Gibson model? It is advertised as modeled after 1962 Gibson Country Western.
Yamaha FG730S
Played an original Country Western. Nice Guitar. Don't know how it would stack up to the Crow model though. You know Gibson. They change like the wind! BTW, I have a Martin Clapton, and it really is an amazing guitar.
I think I would be afraid to hold a $6000 guitar, let alone play one
Assuming if I ever had the extra $$$ to buy my dream guitar, I think I would still put a limit no more than 3k and that would be for Gibson Les Paul. 6K for an acoustic? Man that thing better makes the sounds from the heavens.
everyone has different taste. to me, it was okay but not as good sounding as a custom shop j-45 or a sj-200. you might feel differently, and of course, the way the one i tried could have been affected by the way the guitar was treated at the shop - too much or too little humidity, old strings, wrong strings, etc.

Quote by NC_Acoustic
Slightly off subject...

Has anyone played a Sheryl Crowe Gibson model? It is advertised as modeled after 1962 Gibson Country Western.

i used to feel the same way. well, actually i still do sometimes. i wasn't going to try the eric clapton - my husband sort of handed it to me.

Quote by jdport
I think I would be afraid to hold a $6000 guitar, let alone play one

my point is it does make the sounds from heaven. i've played a lot of guitars, but i've never heard anything as good as this one.

my husband has a 1970s les paul custom. very nice guitar with excellent sustain - sounds great with my 1984 rickenbacker bass, too

Quote by fingerguy
Assuming if I ever had the extra $$$ to buy my dream guitar, I think I would still put a limit no more than 3k and that would be for Gibson Les Paul. 6K for an acoustic? Man that thing better makes the sounds from the heavens.