Hi
Im thinking of buying a used marshall dsl 100 head made in 2001 off of a friend, however it doesnt work, and we are not sure what the problem is. How much should i pay for it and what would the absolute maximum i should pay for it? Advice please!!
thanks
Last edited by samjhigginson at Oct 10, 2009,
basicallly, theres no way we could know. because it dpoeends if its bollucks or can be fixd and how much it would cost to be fixed, unless you can "borrow it" to try and fix it, and if u can fix it yull pay him 500 or summit, if not give it back, and then take it to a guitar tech, see how much and if it can be fixed ect, if not, no sweat, if so, u just got a DSL 100 for like 600-700 bucks.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Im not sure what is wrong with it and i have asked him to find out how much it would cost to be fixed, he said that he has checked the fuses and power supply, but apparently it something to do with the standby switch, but i think it could be to do with valves or something!
thanks
Quote by samjhigginson
Im not sure what is wrong with it and i have asked him to find out how much it would cost to be fixed, he said that he has checked the fuses and power supply, but apparently it something to do with the standby switch, but i think it could be to do with valves or something!
thanks

I know this thread is about a day old now, and the TS is probably gone, but I'll weigh in.

http://www.lynx.bc.ca/~jc/TSL122.html

That website is about problems with the DSL/TSL series amps. They weren't well made. I've been helping of friend of mine with his. He'd been playing it pretty hard, and has actually been using it without any load on the output section. His output transformer is pretty shot, but there are other problems that weren't his fault. They are covered pretty well on that site.
Maybe the output transformer is buggered? I would take it to a tech or electrician and they could check the circuit and see what the problem is. The dsl100 is a good amp, i have one and paid $1000(talked the guy down from $1200) and it is still going strong, so i wouldn't give him more that $500 if it doesn't work. It would be worth buying and fixing though
Quote by username94
It has a penis so I'm assuming it's a man.

Quote by capsfan17
Whats the difference between a dead baby and a sandwich?

I dont fuck a sandwich before I eat it