Page 1 of 3
I jumped, I screamed, I cried (eyes were literally tearing uncontrollably). It's definitely the scariest movie I've ever seen. It's the best movie experience I've ever had (second is 28 Days/Weeks Later). I would definitely recommend it. I'm still terrified. I want to hear about your experiences. But in all honesty, I don't really care what you talk about. I'm just really scared and I don't want to feel alone right now.
could you elaborate as to why it's so scary?

I watched the mist tonight, and brotherhood of the wolf. The former was okay, I preferred not knowing what the creatures looked like... and the whole idea behind the mist, I wasn't really expecting, nor did I take to it that much. It would've been cooler if it was just some malevolent primeval force.

Brotherhood of the wolf is awesome though, despite the fact that sometimes it drags on. Fight scenes are awesome, and the beast always makes you go "wtf" when you first see it.
You are in NYC?

If theres somethin strange

In your neighbourhood

Who you gonna call?

(actually ghostbusters just came out on xbox bro so its probably paranormal promotional activity)
Last edited by lucertia. at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by lucertia.
You are in NYC?

If theres somethin strange

In your neighbourhood

Who you gonna call?

fail
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
28 weeks/days later wasn't even scary.

but please tell what was so scary about it. I assume something with ghosts? maybe? I have no idea
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Quote by etniesmuzikskat
fail

Put down by a guy from Alabama. Oh dear, i better gets my rifle out now.
Quote by lucertia.
(actually ghostbusters just came out on xbox bro so its probably paranormal promotional activity)

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to pick that up since it's in the bargain bin here in the States.
You're*
Quote by TheReverend724
A young couple's home is haunted by a demon

You ruined it for them. I can't explain why it's scary, but it's executed perfectly. The premise isn't scary, it's in the way it's shot. If you watch the trailer on youtube, that's exactly how the theatre was. Everyone was screaming.
i read the synopisis and it sounds like one of those movies that will have you terrified every night for weeks

no way im watching that im crap with horrors
Guitar - The true Religion
blair witch did nothing for me. i'm poor as hell and can't afford to see any movie. is this legitimately going to terrify me? if not, i want you to pay for my ticket.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
blair witch did nothing for me. i'm poor as hell and can't afford to see any movie. is this legitimately going to terrify me? if not, i want you to pay for my ticket.

This movie had a similar promotional thing as [REC].

[REC] had me going ****less and scared as ****.

I assume this would be worse.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I'm seeing this tomorrow
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
I wanna go see it so bad but I'm sure with this demand it bull**** the only place near me that will have it will be Indy
I had my doubts too. This kid in my class told me about it. I didn't think I would be scared since I usually don't get scared. The last time I was scared in a movie was probably one of the Scream movies for the tension. But this definitely delivered. I would recommend going to the theatres for it. Don't wait for DVD or watch it online. It's great to watch it with other people. Plus, it's very subtle. You may miss some details.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I had my doubts too. This kid in my class told me about it. I didn't think I would be scared since I usually don't get scared. The last time I was scared in a movie was probably one of the Scream movies for the tension. But this definitely delivered. I would recommend going to the theatres for it. Don't wait for DVD or watch it online. It's great to watch it with other people. Plus, it's very subtle. You may miss some details.

Pssssh, I have Blu-Ray.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Pssssh, I have Blu-Ray.

Do you have a TV that makes the video look so good you don't want to watch it because it looks TOO good?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I have Bluray too, but this is a movie u need to see in theaters to get the full effect. I just went upstairs, im so paranoid now. This **** isn't even cool. It shouldn't that bad.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by i_killed_bill
Lucky ****ers. I wish I had Blu-Ray...

get a ps3
blu ray is so awesome
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I have Bluray too, but this is a movie u need to see in theaters to get the full effect. I just went upstairs, im so paranoid now. This **** isn't even cool. It shouldn't that bad.

I'd rather be in a relatively small room with the few people than in a giant room with tons of people, when it comes to horror movies. Makes em more scary.
Quote by Majin Gaara
How's it different then blair witch project? Is the footage real?

The footage isn't real, it's like Quarantine and Cloverfield, but scary.
Quote by illuminatiano
get a ps3
blu ray is so awesome

I actually just got 275 dollars for my birthday and I have a lot in the bank. But don't you need an HD TV for it to be displayed properly?
Quote by JELIFISH19

Cloverfield= good
Quarantine= shit
Quote by JELIFISH19

So... How's it scary? Is it a monster or what? and if there is a creature of some sort, do they show it?
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'd rather be in a relatively small room with the few people than in a giant room with tons of people, when it comes to horror movies. Makes em more scary.

That's true, but I feel like the big screen and sound system definitely helped. The dynamic range of the sound created a lot of fear. The size of the screen also helped since it's nearly impossible to see the whole thing at once. I'm normally anti-horror movies in theaters too.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Cloverfield= good
Quarantine= shit

I thought they both sucked, but Quarantine was at least fun to watch and action packed.

Quote by Majin Gaara
So... How's it scary? Is it a monster or what? and if there is a creature of some sort, do they show it?

It's a haunting, but it's shot like those movies where you see what the people record.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Oct 10, 2009,
Sounds pretty interesting! I'm going to see it tomorrow then.

Tell me though, what is it about this movie that is so frightening? The images? The sounds?
Quote by Majin Gaara
Sounds pretty interesting! I'm going to see it tomorrow then.

Tell me though, what is it about this movie that is so frightening? The images? The sounds?

The way it's shot is the main reason. It actually feels like a home video. Nothing was shot to be scary. With Cloverfield and Quarantine, you could tell that the director was trying to put action in it and generate scares. This feels like there's no director. Everything is so subtle. The woman is a phenomenal actress though. There was expert buildup and the pacing was perfect. The pacing you'll experience is the same as the couple. The buildup you're going through is the same as the one the characters go through. That's why I think it worked so well.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Cloverfield= good
Quarantine= shit

Quarrantine is ****...completely hollywoodised (no offense) with way too much screaming to take any psychlogical terror out of it

[REC] The spanish original (english subtitles) is actually scary
Guitar - The true Religion
Page 1 of 3