I'm going to purpaches a peavey 6505 and the matching cab. Now say after this I want to buy a new amp head. For exampkle something small like an HT-5 or a tiny terror could I still the use the peavey cab?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
As long as the resistance matches up, then yes. (Make sure the ohms match) peavey cabs arent all that great thought imo.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
^
Captured pretty much everything you need to know

ill just add emphasis that a tiny terror or ht-5 would definetly not be suited to a Peavey Cab

You may want to consider buying a Marshall cab to go with your 6505, much more versatile and well built.
Guitar - The true Religion
ok
Any particular cabs?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Budget for a cab?
If you're in the US I'd go for Avatar cabs.

www.avatarspeakers.com/

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
a very good cab is the new Marshall Dave Mustaine signature

If your living in the UK your lucky enough to get the best value on Marshalls in the world
I don't know I'm rather happy witht he price of the 1960, if it's compatible. I need you guy's help with that bit though :P
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
One word CARVIN. Played them for years would not take two Marshalls for my V3 and vintage 4x12, you cannot beat the price or the quality. I also play their guitars, all custom built with my name on them. My all mohagony, maple neck, 24 fret neck through the body, pickups into the wood mount, locking machine heads, dual rail pickups with the ToneStyler Tone control Strat kicks the ass out of any cheap ass Fender or way over priced name replica.

I would not waste my money on anything else. They have a lot of smaller amps as well. Trust me, save your money, check out Carvin.com. I have played their amps and guitars for many years. If you want to pay thousands for a guitar or amp go ahead. If you want more bang for the buck, check out Carvin. I have been playing them for more years than I want to count, had everything, played everything, forget the youtube goofballs, 99% of players are brainless. I am an Engineer and old school tone monster. I just retubed my V3 head with the best EL34's and 12AX7's, kicks the ass out of anything I have owned and I loved my Marshall. The 4x12 cab is supurb, built like a tank with a metal grill, sounds amazing on any style of playing, pay twice as much for less quality if you like. Thank me later.
Quote by Crizzle
I don't know I'm rather happy witht he price of the 1960, if it's compatible. I need you guy's help with that bit though :P

Mate we don't magically know the resistance of every manufacturers Cabs and Heads by memory!

Heres what you do: Call the shop where your planning on purchasing these and ask them

A: What is the ohmage of the Peavey 6505 Head
B: The Ohmage of the 1960 Marshall Cabinet
C: Wether they go together safely

If the answers to A and B match there isnt much point in asking C, only for peace of mind. If your buying the amps online call peavey and marshall directly.

And finally! Mr. Engineer above seems to have forgotten the number one rule, Personal Preference. Go for what you prefer.
Quote by AusMetal33
Mate we don't magically know the resistance of every manufacturers Cabs and Heads by memory!

Heres what you do: Call the shop where your planning on purchasing these and ask them

A: What is the ohmage of the Peavey 6505 Head
B: The Ohmage of the 1960 Marshall Cabinet
C: Wether they go together safely

If the answers to A and B match there isnt much point in asking C, only for peace of mind. If your buying the amps online call peavey and marshall directly.

And finally! Mr. Engineer above seems to have forgotten the number one rule, Personal Preference. Go for what you prefer.

I thank you kind sir.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah