my question basically has to do with single effect pedals being compatible with cheap amps, say the marshall MG series..lol.

so if u were stuck with those solid state amps somehow at gigs. would u have a better sound if u played through a multi fx processor , say gt-8, and used the amp modeling off it and went DI to the PA or would the warmer and better quality analog single effect pedals through the amps still be better??

pls don say change the amp. the whole point of the question is me bein stuck with that.

anyone?

EDIT: i'd obviously be using the clean channel on the amp. and use distortion off pedals.
Last edited by kaushik312 at Oct 10, 2009,
I'd be happier with the multi-fx, personally. Imo you'd need a ton of high-quality pedals through the MG to be able to acheive tone close to the multi-fx. That's just my opinion. It would also have to be a really nice multi-fx.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
imo id prob go with the milti fx into the PA, more volume and better eq.
off topic, single effect pedals are quality-wise much better than even a very good multi fx like the gt-8, pod xt live, rite?

and im lookin to play garage rock/grunge kinda sound...so would the single effects sound much warmer and better?
Last edited by kaushik312 at Oct 10, 2009,
Generally, yes. The only multi-fx that I've played that I liked better than separate stompboxes was the axe-fx. It was like $1800 though....

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
single pedals sound much better, but through a crap amp there prob not much better than a multi fx
Quote by innertom
single pedals sound much better, but through a crap amp there prob not much better than a multi fx

+1
This is why I chose the multi-fx for the original question.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple