Hi All..

After being told by a few people over the last couple of days that it is easier to learn on an electric I have decided to get my arse in gear and make an investment in one and properly force myself to learn despite my impatience.

So basically does anyone have any recommendations for a nice beginners electric?
Throw some clues. What genre(s) would you play and how much would you be willing to pay for it?

I could however recommend some Ibanez Gio series guitar (150-200ish euros, dunno about dollars.) and for amp (if youre planning to buy one) either a Roland Cube or a Peavey Vypyr.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
The Squier Bullet Stratocaster is also a decent beginner guitar. It only runs about $100, but I'm not sure about Euros.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
dont get the bullet or affinity...the other squiersaregood though

how much can you spend?
how quickly would you like to get a better guitar?
What genres do you like?

some makes i think ar good for beginners
squier (get the nicer one though)
epiphone (although can get expensive)
ltd (the 50s series are quite nice)
yamaha pacifica
ibanez (cheaper onesof course)
I had an Epiphone les paul 100 which is really good sounding for its price range and it's pretty reliable too. Don't get a starter guitar and amp combo though, buy them seperately. I had a strat copy with and amp (for about £80) and it literaly fell apart after a couple of months.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
These are your beginner budget options:
Squier Affinity
Squier Bullet Strat with Tremolo
Yamaha Pacifica 012
These are in the range of $200-300 US:
Squier Classic Vibe
Squier Vintage Modified
Yamaha Pacifica 112
If you have a bit more dough,
LTD M-103QM (if you want to play metal stuff, or want to mess around with a tremolo)
Ibanez RG hardtails (Don't get one with an Edge III tremolo, it's not reliable)
Epiphone G-400 (at $400, it's a solid guitar).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Do NOT get a First Act! They're terrible
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Honestly if I was use I would go for a used mim strat, it will last you longer and be set up correctly. Best thing about it is you can probably get one for a few buck more than what you would pay for the squier standard series.

I started playing later in life and I have a job which provides me disposable income so I could afford better and new but if I was younger, I think it's wise to go the used route. I have playing this fat strat for two-three years now and love it. I'm currently thinking about picking up a Worn SG or Fender Jazzmaster.
Fender Standard Strat
Yamaha FG-700S
Any of the ESP LTD 50 series guitars are OK. I've been playing mine for about 10 months and its been fine. It cost me $200.