Well i'm planing to by my second guitar, which hopefully will be a black gibson les paul studio for £999. Do you think this is a good investment. When i sell the guitar in like 5-10 years time would the price of the guitar go up? I'm not sure sure about this because the sales person in the guitar shop said that, but i thought this might be some sales pitch thing...
A Les Paul Studio for £999? Mate, you're getting seriously ripped off there, they're only worth about £700 I think. You could get a proper Les Paul for that price probably. And I don't recommend the Studios, you can do better for the money.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
No the price would not go up ... u would be lucky to get back what you paid for it.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

^Oh, my bad, last time I saw one it was £709. And like Tatsumaru said, you'd be hard pushed to get a return. If you got a Les Paul Custom top of the range and sold that on in ten years or something, the price might go up...but it wouldn't be by much, if it did at all.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I want to get a guitar, where it can be an investment aswell. Are there any les Pauls which are good for that?
When it comes down to it, guitars are bad investments. You're gonna lose value unless you leave it in your case and even still, what you'll be offered depends on how much that specific model is worth on the used market.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you don't mind about the finish, you can get the worn brown/red ones for less than £600. Pm if you want a link or something.
if your set on a studio, look for 90's models. the studios made during that circa are better made. hence better chance of high value.
Quote by 00mirshahia
I want to get a guitar, where it can be an investment aswell. Are there any les Pauls which are good for that?

There's no such thing unless you're spending craploads of money
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I don't know. Guitars usually don't go up in value after 10 years.

You could always look for a mint condition used guitar on craigslist. If you buy a new guitar, you lose a third of the value walking out the door sometimes. You buy used and generally it will be the same value for as long as you take care of it.
no guitar is really an investment. its like a car. the second u take it off the lot it drops by like 30% in value. unless its like limited edition that u keep in mint condition. or like a vintage. also, i've heard good and bad about the studios. if u were to get one, make sure u play it first. cuz that seems to be how gibsons are lately. idk, havent played one lately.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan