I'm 15 and i went in with my 50 year old uncle to help him carry some bottles of wine, i've got 4 in my hands and put them down on the bench next to him, and the menopausal woman asks me for ID. ' good joke... I'm with him.' But she wasn't joking, and tried to tell us that because I've touched the bottles, we can't buy them, and my uncle can't buy anything for 24 hours.
I've carried stuff from bottleshops before and never had trouble, and it seems kind of unlogical (is that a word?), I could go in and touch a bottle taht someone else is carrying and get them banned from the store for a day by that rule. And why would anyone be buying wine for me anyway, it'd be beer or spirits or something. Can they do that? They had no sign up.
Were you and him walking together? Or was it just you walking out to him?
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
nothing wrong you didnt drink so its fine i guess tell them that you're helping and that will be just fine, i do it too
Quote by RG5EX1
Were you and him walking together? Or was it just you walking out to him?

nah we were carrying 10 bottles between us to the counter
had this problem in asda with my father but he just had a massive go at the woman claiming it was all for him and she let us buy it

it wasn't all for him

Quote by tom1thomas1
nah we were carrying 10 bottles between us to the counter

It's her shop (if i understand your story correctly) and she has the right to deny service to a minor even if he isn't buying it directly. Same reason why minors can't even stand at bars in some restaurants.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by levi.lydat
go back to the store, steal bottles of wine and beat up the lady.
that will teach her to be unlogical.

I think you'll find the word's 'illogical.'
Makes sense to me, the blame would be on her if your uncle bought the wine and gave you some.
they've got every right... if there is suspicion that someone is buying for a minor they can refuse service. Provided there's a sign up that says they reserve this right.

Edit: but i'm not sure of the specifics about a sign in Australia.
Last edited by SG_dave at Oct 10, 2009,
they can do that, because its classed as a minor being in possession of alcohol blahblah, and of course it is a stupid rule
u shoulda told them that u were there to help him carry the bottles and u've done it before. probably wouldnt work though. ppl today are stupid
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Technically, she can, if it's her store her rules. Doesn't stop her being a bitch, though.
I believe it's law here in Australia that if you are under 18, you are not even allowed to enter a bottleshop.

But since I'm an adult who can buy all the alcohol he wants, I don't care.

Also, as a side note, some restaurants don't even let you get water or softdrink from the bar if you are under 18. That's right, I've had to show my ID to buy Coke. And this is at family restaurants.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by RG5EX1

It's her shop (if i understand your story correctly) and she has the right to deny service to a minor even if he isn't buying it directly. Same reason why minors can't even stand at bars in some restaurants.

She has the right not to serve anyone. She's not obliged to sell you what you ask for. This is a non-issue.

Yeah, she's a bitch, get over it. Go to a different offie.