So today's the big day. I'm buying my brand new American Standard Strat. I'm pretty excited, and while I know it comes with a case, what else is included? I'm just curious; finding things to think about to pass the time until pick up.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I'm pretty sure you get a certificate of authenticy. I think that's about it :p Unless fender are still doing that deal where you get a free fender champion with every Amercian instrument you buy.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
strings.

:P

i don't know, mine came with plenty of case candy but it was a deluxe.
maybe a standard might come with a cleaner sample and a rag.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Probably doesn't come with anything officially, but if you're buying a guitar (especially in this economy), you can probably knock off about 10-15% off the price, and/or get some freebies.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Well, it says it also includes a strap and cable, I was just curious as to what that might be.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Well, it says it also includes a strap and cable, I was just curious as to what that might be.

i think it means u get like a fender brand guitar strap and a fender brand instrument cable. well hopefully fender brand. i mean yur buying a fender guitar right?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Kevy Absolution
The strap is the part you use to hang the guitar from your neck/shoulders. The cable is the insulated wire that connects the guitar to the amplifier.

R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by Guitar2theface
Probably doesn't come with anything officially, but if you're buying a guitar (especially in this economy), you can probably knock off about 10-15% off the price, and/or get some freebies.

Nothing personal, but i literally hate the phrase 'in this economy'. i think i hear it about 20 times a day at my community college....stupid artsy fartsy think-they're-smart people.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
You probably get that Fender strap that so many Fender users use.

Comes with full professional setup, Fender strap (ownz), fender deluxe case, fender noiseless cable and some minor stuff.
Quote by Vlasco
You probably get that Fender strap that so many Fender users use.

I use a Gibson strap with my Fender. It's kinda like sleeping with your sister, it feels the same, but you know it ain't quite right.

I finally got to use that joke!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I don't like Fender straps personally. Levy straps all the way for me.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
as well as all mentioned above, there is usually a small manual giving basic set up instructions etc.

the strings will be .009 - .042

not so sure about the 'full professional setup' mentioned above, my last MIA strat was a long way from being set up well.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Depending on the store, they may or may not set it up for you (but if you're buying a $1000 guitar, they should definitely give you one). If they don't do it, ask for one.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Yeah, i bought mine half a year ago and i was pretty impressed. The case alone is 100e easily..
Quote by Lil Macker
I use a Gibson strap with my Fender. It's kinda like sleeping with your sister, it feels the same, but you know it ain't quite right.

I finally got to use that joke!

Funniest and sickest thing ive heard all day.
So far as I know it'll be the case candy, hangtags, Fender instrument cable, and the Fender strap that you see on about every other Fender.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray