I've been using Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings for quite awhile now. I really love their low tension and they are easy on the neck of my guitar.

Recently I joined a band and we are using a lot of Drop C tunings. I'm using a Schecter C1 Classic with Seymour Duncan pickups. For whatever reason, in Drop C tuning, my guitar doesn't have the "tightness" that I'm looking for. I'm assuming that this is because I'm using the Super Slinky strings that have such a low tension. In drop C tuning these strings feel very loose.

Well today I've decided to restring my guitar. I'm not sure if I should just restring it with a new set of Super Slinkys to see if that resolves the issue or if I should try a higher gauge string / higher tension strings.

Any advice is welcome.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Yah, you need higher gauge strings if you don't want them floppy in drop c.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
sounds liek youa lready know you need to get thicker strings, try 11-52 and if its still not enough go up to 21-60 or something, we are not you so we cant tell you whats going to feel right to you. experiment until you find the right guage
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
if you love Ernie Ball strings, try start using tthe Beefy Slinkys. I use them for Drop C and personally, they're perfect tension for that tuning
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
also you might want to get the inotation set to drop c i havent done it but have heard it helps out
^ it does help the intonation will go out when switching to the higher gauge, but intonation isn't that hard of a fix, so just do that and you're good.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"