What would be the best cheap overdrive pedal, say around 50-60 pounds, to get in the uk?
I like Bonamassa, Kravitz, Hendrix and clapton.

My setup is:
Gibson les paul-->Boss GE-7-->Marshall JTM 30
or SG

Many thanks
Kris
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
best sig ever.

but now to the answer. i would say you would probably want a fuzz type pedal for hendrix and kravitz, but im not a pedalologist. im not sure how much a fultone OCD is over there or if you can get it, but i hear those are really good.

EDIT: you could always try a digitech bad monkey, they are cheap but really good for the price, but i also dont know if you can get those over there.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Last edited by CemetaryGates90 at Oct 10, 2009,
tube screamer?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I wouldn't skimp on a OD pedal, especially if you're using it as an integral part of your tone.

If you can afford it, the Maxon OD808 overdrive is brilliant, i'm buying one!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Believe me i wouldn't choose to skimp on it as it will be important, I'm between jobs and the job market blows atm, but i need a pedal that responds to dynamics well and doesn't change my amps tone, just drives it.
Cheers for any help
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
I would save up a bit more if possible, at the moment you're kinda in between pedals. There's pedals like Fulltone OCD, Maxon OD808 but they're all around or above £100. In your budget I can only think of the Bad Monkey and the Danelectro Cool cats. They're both great for the price but they're still way under your budget.

Edit: Sounds like you want a transparent OD, try the Danelectro Transparent OD. I believe version 1 is the one you want.
Last edited by aaronni at Oct 10, 2009,
Looking at a nano big muff or lpb1, what you think?
Quote by metal_fretter
Danelectro Transparent Boost or what ever it's called! It's under your budget and meant to be really good.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I'd get the Boss DO-2 I think it is... Distortion, Overdrive. If you want OD just put it on the OD setting, if you want Fuzz mix the two, if you don't want it to mod your tone take the tone nob all the way down.
digitech bad monkey
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Go used, there are some really good deals that come up on Ebay in the UK, especially guitar stuff. (I just got a 2x12 cab )
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!