Hi, this question has been bothering me for quite some time, and I haven't been able to find an answer so I thought I'll try here.

I've got Guitar Pro (5), in which there are 4 different options of Artificial Harmonics:

• Artifical Harmonic
  • Tapped Harmonic
  • Pinch Harmonic
  • Semi Harmonic

Now, I know of 3 different techniques to do AHs (thanks to ZeG and his UGG):

• Pinch
  • Tapped
  • Palm

The question is, what should I do when the .gp file says A.H. (artificial) and S.H. (semi)?
My first thought of A.H. was that I could just do any AH, but since there are 3 different parameters on the A.H. option, which aren't on the other options, I'm unsure.

Could anyone enlighten me?
I'm pretty sure semi-harmonic is when a guitarist tries to do a pinch, but it doesn't fully sound as a pinch. I'm not positive about that though.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
a semi harmonic is a pinch harmonic, but its played so that you can hear both the harmonic and the fundamental.

I'm not sure what they mean by artificial harmonic. I always just play a pinch harmonic
The Guitar Pro terminology is badly structured and confusing.

In my book, artificial harmonics are just harmonics on strings that are fretted down, and the pinch technique is one of the techniques to pull one off. So is the tap technique, and the palm technique that isn't listed in GP.

A semi-harmonic is different from a "true" harmonic (both open and artificial ones) in that you can still here the fundamental note, because it's not fully muted. You can still use the pinch, tap and palm techniques to produce semi-harmonics, though, you just have to make sure you don't fully mute the fundamental.

But like I said, all this isn't correctly included in GP, so don't pay too much attention to it.

Hope that helps!
Quote by ZeGuitarist

Hope that helps!

It most certainly does!