So I was reading in the Vinyl thread, and it was the last thing I needed to tell myself "Ok I want a turntable with a good sound system, an amp(the whole kit, what).

So I was talking about it to my father, who used to have a really good kit, and he talked to me about a USB turntables he saw. Basicly I was wondering, would that be as good as a real one? I figure you'd need a good speaker rig, and a good sound card, but other than that, would the sound be as good as on a real turntables?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

You just gave me a link to my own thread(this one). What the?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

wtf?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.

I don't know what's going on.

Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
My friend uses a USB table, but i'd say if you want it to be reliable it has to be with a pretty powerful computer, he uses a macbook. apart from that it works really well
Quote by tim_mop
My friend uses a USB table, but i'd say if you want it to be reliable it has to be with a pretty powerful computer, he uses a macbook. apart from that it works really well

That's what scares me. I basicly have an okay computer(1G ram), but my sound card is crap, so are my speakers/sub(the sub itself looks like a toy, the brand is elitech(?) and it's written Super Woofer on it, everything to show you it's crap).

I talked with my father about it, and they could get me the turntables aswell as the sound system for christmas. I'm just scared of getting something that sounds like crap(like it already does when I listen to music on my comp).
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I'm not sure about all turntables, but i think you can get some that might act as a sound card themselves. like, my friends one has its own phono outs. and is yours a computer or a laptop?

With the sound system, you definitely need a decent one, whatever you do. there are some good cheaper ones in the thomann.de PA section.

TM
Quote by tim_mop
I'm not sure about all turntables, but i think you can get some that might act as a sound card themselves. like, my friends one has its own phono outs. and is yours a computer or a laptop?

With the sound system, you definitely need a decent one, whatever you do. there are some good cheaper ones in the thomann.de PA section.

TM

It's a PC(not a laptop). My father said himself that I'd need a better sound system on my comp if I had the USB one, so if I do get it, the sound system will come with it.

But really I personnally think a regular turntable will just sound better. Anyways, I'll keep getting informed before any decision is taken.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Have a look on ebay, theres plenty of decent turntables on there.

Some names to look out for:
Technics
Sony
Thorens
Dual
Pro Ject

Then all you need is an amp and set of speakers, which you can also find on ebay but be aware when buying speakers as they could have been driven hard.
Also make sure that if you buy an amp it has a phono stage.
Quote by So-Cal
Have a look on ebay, theres plenty of decent turntables on there.

Some names to look out for:
Technics
Sony
Thorens
Dual
Pro Ject

Then all you need is an amp and set of speakers, which you can also find on ebay but be aware when buying speakers as they could have been driven hard.
Also make sure that if you buy an amp it has a phono stage.

Yeah I was looking earlier and I saw pretty cheap ones from good brands. I've seen a Vintage Pioneer(one of the best brand of amps), but I'm unsure how well they make turntables. Dual I think is the name I'll keep in mind, I've heard good of it from my father.

And Sony is out of the question. It's something about studying in electronics and knowing how lame Sony can be, on multiple aspects.

The advantage I get is that if I find a very good amp but defect(like at pawn shops), I can bring it to school and have my teachers help me repair it(for now, later I'll do it alone). As for speakers, I could just build them with again my father, who has built a few in his lifetime.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Oct 10, 2009,
I bought a usb turntable and it was ****, I had to return it because the motor was calibrated wrong but the sound was also awful. Buy a good turntable from a reputable name then later on get something to connect the RCA leads up to your computer, that's what my uncle does.
Quote by kaptink
I bought a usb turntable and it was ****, I had to return it because the motor was calibrated wrong but the sound was also awful. Buy a good turntable from a reputable name then later on get something to connect the RCA leads up to your computer, that's what my uncle does.

That's fairly simple, I shall look into that. Thanks for the tips .

Edit: Just thought about something; USB is digital, that means the analogic is converted to digital, sent to your comp, then I figure it either comes out as digital, or it's reconverted by the comp. Either way, my choice is made; I'm going with a real turntable.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Last edited by Spike6sic6 at Oct 10, 2009,