Hello all,
I recently purchased an american deluxe vg stratocaster from a guitar center in Glen Burnie, MD. Beautiful guitar, reddish sienna burst finish with all the great stuff that comes with a deluxe (minus the s-1 switching) and it also has those vg electronics. I bought the guitar brand new. I was wondering if there is any 411 out there on this guitar... how many were made, pics, different finishes/options, etc.
Just curious... I did a bunch of internet searches and nothing really came up.
Thanks!
-Liz
Quote by guiliztar
Hello all,
I recently purchased an american deluxe vg stratocaster from a guitar center in Glen Burnie, MD. Beautiful guitar, reddish sienna burst finish with all the great stuff that comes with a deluxe (minus the s-1 switching) and it also has those vg electronics. I bought the guitar brand new. I was wondering if there is any 411 out there on this guitar... how many were made, pics, different finishes/options, etc.
Just curious... I did a bunch of internet searches and nothing really came up.
Thanks!

Worst guitar center in america.

Oh and here is the info
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-VG-Stratocaster?sku=512881
Thanks for the reply!
Worst guitar center in america.
Oh and here is the info
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...ster?sku=

Yea it was a horrible store...the guitars were dusty and strings were rusty/broken on every guitar. The VG I bought was horribly dirty and the strings dead & gunky...It was majorly dropped in price, probably because no one would touch the thing.
But I know a good guitar when I see one.
We were in Glen Burnie looking for Master Musicians- a store that was around since the '80s-90s... but after our unsuccesful trip we concluded that GC had long put them out of business. Sad story.
So anyway my kick ass boyfriend got the guitar for me as a gift (he knew how much I loved this guitar). [and Glen Burnie GC didn't even include a truss rod. They also gave the american deluxe strat owners manual, not a VG manual... whatever we've already established that the store sucks. I just printed a manual offline...] but that kinda lends itself to my current question...what is up with this model of the VG?
Your link was incorrect, darkcheef. I have an American Deluxe VG Stratocaster. Not a standard. [Sienna burst finish, SCN pickups, the american deluxe neck, american deluxe serial number, etc.]
Any ideas??
-Liz
Last edited by guiliztar at Oct 11, 2009,
Well the only difference between the VG and the regular I can find is the roland pickup, so you basically have a American Deluxe
Yep! It's a sweet geetar. Its an american deluxe with the roland pick up.

I just was hoping to find someone who knew anything about the model & how many were made??? Or knew of an article on their production?

Just looking for 411 on the deluxe vgs, not the standards.
-Liz
there is only the standard VG according to the fender website and that's been discontinued since april so it'd make sense that it was reduced (as well as the fact that people seem to loathe any form of enhancements on the 2 main guitar brands)
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
(as well as the fact that people seem to loathe any form of enhancements on the 2 main guitar brands)

hahaha yea guitarists are a weird breed...
The vg wasn't a very popular guitar... I guess many didn't go for the idea for a variety of reasons... Although, I find it quite appealing!!
So perhaps they only made a few & cancelled production after a short bit.
Well I emailed a fender consumer relations email address to try and figure out the answer... because they obviously made a deluxe one in 2008... (I have it...)
They'll probably get back to me next week during business hours.

Thanks everyone for the 411, any more replies/opinions/advice will be appreciated!!
-Liz