Im looking to get a new guitar for around £500. I already have an ibanez rg350dx but was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a versatile guitar? Thanks
Any preferences on tones, neck sizes, pickups, etc? What amp are you using?

Specific details in questions give specific answers.
Versatile? Well you can get a Mexican HSS Strat. I'd personally save up another £100 for a hardtail Schecter Hellraiser C-1 but that's just me. I know you said versatile but what specific genres do you play?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant save up £100 so you have £600
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Oct 10, 2009,
Well i like to play all kinds of stuff from ozzy to red hot chilli peppers and for heavy metal to blues, i like the idea of a fender strat but was looking at a prs and my amp is a marshall avt 50
Quote by Wylde22
Well i like to play all kinds of stuff from ozzy to red hot chilli peppers and for heavy metal to blues, i like the idea of a fender strat but was looking at a prs and my amp is a marshall avt 50

The PRS SE's are actually very good, I've played a few of them and they sound awesome but if you wanna play so RHCP and Ozzy I recomend this:

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/esp-guitars-ec-256-electirc-guitar-aged-honey-burst--66730

It's got tapped pickups so you can get a single coil sound for RHCP and you can go back to the Humbucker sound for your metal.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Maybe a Jackson Dinky? They're great guitars.
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
wht about a les paul? I can play pretty much whatever on mine but can be awkward with the single cut
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.